Job Summary Reporting to the Managing Director, She/he shall be responsible for coordinating the implementation of Company policies, coordination of Human...
From Githunguri Water & Sanitation Company Limited - Central
Published 24 days ago
There is one position each in the following companies: Karuri Water and Sanitation Company Limited; and Githunguri Water and Sanitation Company Limited...
From Limited Liability Company - Central
Published 25 days ago
Job Grade : KNTC 3 Reporting to : Managing Director /General Manager Corporate Services Supervises : Principal Officer Human Resources, Principal Administration...
From Ion (Kntc) - Nairobi Area
Published a month ago
Job Description IRC is one of the first humanitarian organizations to bring together specific disciplines involved in violence prevention and response (VPR) in...
From Ional Rescue Committee - Nairobi Area
Published a month ago
Kenya Industrial Estates (KIE) Ltd was established in 1967 with the mandate of promoting industrialization through indigenous enterprise development in the country. To achieve this mandate, the company provides Industrial Parks, medium to long term financing, and business advisory/ training services.
Currently, the company is going through change with a view to repositioning it to effectively contribute to the realization of vision 2030.
Kenya Industrial Estates is a Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises support institution established in 1967 with the mandate of promoting industrialization through indigenous enterprise development in the country. The company plans to fill the following positions with a view to effectively discharge on its mandate: -
**Job Title:**Assistant Manager, Human Resources
Direct Reports to:-
Manager, Human Resources & Administration
Job Purpose: - T
he position is responsible in assisting the manager in the overall management of the Human Resources function, by providing technical advice on matters relating to human resource management in support of the overall Company’s objectives.
(a)DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Participate in interpreting and advising on HR policy matters pertaining to effective communication, discipline, employee relations, remuneration and staff welfare matters;
• Coordinating the performance management process and ensure staff adherence in line with the HR policy and procedures;
• Participate in the recruitment and selection process, drafting of notices and advertisements for vacant positions, organize interviews, inform successful applicants, induction and taking of minutes;
• Identifying trainings and development needs within the organization through training needs analysis and ensure regular consultation with all the stakeholders;
• Participate in coordinating and overseeing staff discipline process is executed timely, i.e. timely feedback to affected staff including- preparation of notices the, minutes, summon letters, warning letters, caution letters profiles, show cause letters among others;
• Ensure that the current ISO certification is maintained and there is continuous improvement of services within the department;
• Ensure effective implementation of Skills / Competence needs assessment surveys for each financial year, by undertaking skills and competence needs assessment audits;
• Ensure effective Coordination of Performance Contracting parameters and monitor implementation of the cascaded parameters in line with the company’s set targets;
• Monitoring of staff attendance including punctuality and absentee and provide effective control measures thereof;
• Implementing the career development plans and succession planning activities in accordance with the Company’s HR planning strategies;
• Developing human resource management plans to ensure effective succession management;
• Ensuring institutionalization of performance management systems, including performance appraisal system among others.
(b) REQUIREMENTS FOR APPOINTMENT
• Bachelor Degree in Human Resources or Business related fields from a recognized Institution;
• Diploma or Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management from a recognized Institution or any other relevant qualification;
• Relevant Master’s Degree from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
Served for a minimum of Five (5) years of progressive work experience, of which three (3) years at a responsible or management position in a HR function/environment;
• A Certified Member of the professional body -(IHRM);
• (a) IT proficiency (b) Leadership skills, c) Interpersonal skills d) Communication skills.
• Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results
• Fulfilled the provision of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Download Form 1A
via the following link: http://www.kie.co.ke/images/downloads/Form 1 A application form.docx
How to apply:-
Those employees who meet the job requirements as detailed in the advert are encouraged to apply. Applications must be accompanied by current curriculum vitae, giving details of educational and professional qualifications and indicate their current and expected salaries to the undersigned. In addition, all applicants
fill Form 1A
attached and forward them to the email given below. The applications should be received not later than
24th November, 2020
. (Email: (
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB – KIE is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and committed to diversity and Gender Equity.
KENYA INDUSTRIAL EASTATES LTD,
P.O. Box 78029-00507, NAIROBI.
Email :( [email removed])
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the above vacant position.