The role holder will be responsible for ensuring that the functional requirements specified by the Bank in regards to Card Management systems, including but not limited to scheme requirements from Visa, MasterCard and China Union Pay, Card Issuance, Card Centre and Branch Operations, Dispute Management, etc. Are implemented through the Card Management Solutions.
This role will also be responsible for evaluating our requirements with default functionalities available from the vendor and adapting the technology in collaboration with other stakeholders. The role is expected to replicate success across other entities
of the Group.Academic Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in a Business related or Technology field from a recognized institution.
Member of Associate of Kenya Institute of Bankers (AKIB) or its equivalent professional body.
At least 7 years’ experience in card center operations and card product configuration.
The Incumbent will report to the General Manager – Projects and will be expected to
• Explain the requirements defined by the Bank to the vendor team, with examples, flow diagrams sample reports etc
• Understand the solution offered by the vendor team and evaluate against the requirements set forth by the Bank and adopt the solution offered in collaboration with other Stakeholders
• Understand the requirements of Scheme including the latest mandates and ensure that the requirements are communicated to the vendor and well in time.
• Critically review the product specifications and suggest changes where anomalies are observed.
• Configure/ review configuration of the product set up in the Card Management Systems and address potential issues in the product configuration in collaboration with the vendor and the products team
• Review the operational processes in collaboration with the vendor team and suggest changes where required. While doing so, emphasis should be laid on the default behavior of the solution.
• Ensure efficiency with appropriate controls in the processes relating to card operations, reconciliation, settlement, dispute management through an appropriate solution approach
• Develop detailed functional specifications, in collaboration with the stakeholders, to progressively automate the entire operations in the Card Centre
• Design test cases for the entire card operations including product set up and guide the Testing team to develop test cases as per the Test Design
• Perform the duties of the Test Manager and ensure that the testing is completed in time. Ensure quality and adequacy of testing.
• Analyze the data quality in the existing systems and advise the scope of data quality enhancement.
• Verify the migrated data in the test and production systems for correctness and completeness
• Understand the functional requirements of scheme certifications and ensure that all tests relating to the schemes are carried out.
• Ensure that the dispute management including Chargeback, Representations, and Arbitrations are designed in accordance with the dispute resolution process of the respective schemes ( Visa/ MasterCard/ CUP)
• Critically analyses the set of reports provided by the Vendor as regards its purpose and contents and ensure adoption of the required reports.
• Design and provide specification for reports which are not readily available from the vendor but are required by the stakeholders. Oversee the functional aspect of the report development through the Business Intelligence Team.
• Develop Training Manuals and conduct training for all functional groups in the Bank.
: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience
: 7 years
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:
Self-prepared CV file
- the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself
Want to see how you rank against other applicants?
Get detailed analysis on Fuzu Instant Feedback
Sign up to learn more