Directly responsible for supervising approximately 10 employees including Waiters / Waitresses and Waiter Trainees
The incumbent in the position is responsible for assisting the Bar Manager in managing the day to day operations of the Bar in order to meet business requirements and clients’ satisfaction whilst ensuring adherence to service standards and operating procedures. He/she is scheduled to work on a different shift than the Bar Manager as his / her job responsibilities are an extension of the Bar Manager’s responsibilities to ensure continuity and maintenance of standards.
Education And ExperienceKenya Certificate Of Secondary Education
Certificate in Hospitality Management
Should have worked already in the position of Assistant Outlet Manager or Manager, minimum of five years of work experience overall
• Assists the Manager with the smooth and efficient manning of the outlet and replace him in absence.
• Is responsible to lead the daily shift-briefings with all necessary information about occupancy for the day, VIP guests visiting, key figures of yesterday’s revenue in the department, checking a few items of the employees job knowledge.
• Ensures that all employees report for duty punctually wearing the correct employee fashion and name badge at all times.
• Assists his/her outlet manager in building an efficient team of employees.
• Ensures that all employees provide a courteous and professional service at all times.
• Demonstrates good knowledge of all menu items but especially the beverages including cocktails of the outlet.
• Is responsible for the overview of the up-selling of his/her employees.
• Assists the Training & Education Manager in the training of the employees ensuring that they have the necessary skills to perform their duties with maximum efficiency.
• Supervises the employees within the department, ensuring that the correct standards and methods of service are maintained as stated in the Department’s Standard Operations Manual.
• Ensures that the Department’s Operational Budget is strictly adhered to and that all costs are strictly controlled.
• Ensure proper requisitioning and controlling of supplies.
• Establishes correct cash handling procedures; process all guest orders through Point of Sale System before any dish or food is served.
• Checks and assures that par stock level is maintained on a daily basis, fill out and sign store requisitions according to business needs for food, beverages, and non-food items.
• Controls the POS report with the main beverage stock on a daily basis.
• Is responsible to lead the Logbook in a proper way.
• Handles guest complaints in a guest-oriented manner, assuring that adequate follow up is done and informs the immediate superior or Duty Manager accordingly.
• Assists the Bar Manager in creating new cocktails and organizing promotions.
• Is responsible for updating his/her knowledge about the hotel facilities as well as menu or operational changes in other outlets.
• Carries out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Ensures that all employees have a complete understanding of and adhere to the Nairobi Street Kitchen policy relating to fire, hygiene, health, and safety.
: Vocational school
Required relevant work experience
: 5 years
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:
Self-prepared CV file
- the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself
Want to see how you rank against other applicants?
Get detailed analysis on Fuzu Instant Feedback
Sign up to learn more