The incumbent in the position is responsible for serving all kind of beverages in their assigned section in order to provide a dining experience that meets or exceeds guest’s expectations whilst adhering to service standards.
Education And Experience
Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education
Certificate in Hotel and Hospitality Management
Minimum of two years’ experience in a 4-star hotel - bar preferably.
• Greets guest who are standing in front of the bar promptly, makes suggestions and answers questions regarding beverages, spirits, and cocktails.• Very good knowledge about menu items, wine, all the spirits, and classic cocktails as well as fantasy cocktails.
• Process waiter’s order in a timely manner and entire.
• It is not allowed to give a waiter a drink without a Point of Sale booking receipt.
• It is not allowed to discuss with the waiter in front of the guests about the beverage order
• Prepares all the bar items (garnish, cut fruits, etc.) before the bar is open
• Makes sure that the “open and cold” bottles are in front of the fridge, the “closed and warm” bottles’ are behind in the fridge.
• Ensures a high standard of cleanliness every day: the fridge, the bar- station, the bar-equipment, and the coffee machine.
• Resets and logs off all the spirit bottles in the cupboard or in the fridge.
• Presents the bill to the guests who were seated in front of the bar according to the outlet standards. Upon acceptance of payment, refers bills and payment to the cashier for closing. Returns the copy of the closed bill, credit card slips or change to the guests, as appropriate.
• Sets up the bowls with the titbits for the guests’ tables
• Prepares and controls the main-service-beverage-bar stock daily.
• Controls the Point of Sales report with the main beverage stock daily.
• Makes sure that all the glasses and cutlery are proper and polished.
• Keeps abreast of the food and beverage promotions, new menu items, daily specials, and other relevant information for guests.
• Updates his/her knowledge about the hotel facilities as well as the menu or operational changes in other outlets.
• Carries out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
: Vocational school
Required relevant work experience
: 2 years
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:
Self-prepared CV file
- the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself
Want to see how you rank against other applicants?
Get detailed analysis on Fuzu Instant Feedback
Sign up to learn more