Responsible For :
Is directly responsible for supervising the station assigned Commis and Trainees.
The incumbent in the position is responsible to assist his/her superior in maintaining the highest standard of quality in food preparation & hygiene in his/ her area, in order to maximize guest satisfaction and profitability in an atmosphere of high employee morale.
Education And Experience :
KCSE or equivalent qualification
Apprenticeship training/ attended kitchen program in a hotel school.
Minimum 3 years experience as a Commis in 4- or 5-star hotels or restaurants.
• Coordinate with Kitchen and FB associates in ensuring maximum product knowledge and required service of such products in order to maximize service levels to customers and guests.
• Meet logistical requirements for set up of all workstations relating to equipment requirements and mise en place levels to the highest qualitative standards.
• Cook great food!
• Implement Departmental Training plan subject initiatives and materials for all subordinates with a view to conducting safety and preventative measures for accidents, required knowledge training and skills base.
• Maintain all required logistics needs for the maintenance of food and equipment par stock levels
• Ensures prompt and accurate service by all kitchen staff under his/ her control, to all the customers to achieve high level of customer satisfaction.
• Assists the Sous Chef in implementing standards set by Exec. Chef on food quality, preparation, and presentation in his/her section.
• Controls food wastage without compromising on food quality.
• Ensures hygiene and cleanliness of the kitchen area/equipment is maintained as per pre-determined standards.
• Ensures all the kitchen equipment is operated, maintained & stored properly and is safe to use.
• Ensures all the kitchen records are always maintained properly as per organizational standards in his/ her department.
• Attends behavioral and vocational training in own and related work areas to enhance skills and develop multifunctionally.
: Vocational school
Required relevant work experience
: 3 years
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:
Self-prepared CV file
- the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself
Want to see how you rank against other applicants?
Get detailed analysis on Fuzu Instant Feedback
Sign up to learn more