Only applications received via
will be considered. Any phone calls, emails or other types of canvassing may lead to your application being disqualified.
Please do not apply if you do not meet the minimum requirements set out below.
Strategy and Leadership**
As our CEO, you will collaborate closely with team, Board, and external stakeholders to lead in the creation of our scale strategy and drive execution. You will also oversee partnership development and fundraising, building relationships with existing donors and cultivating new ones. In addition, you will build and coach a high-performing team to deliver this ambition, overseeing the culture and systems that will enable them to excel. Your role will include:
• Engage relevant stakeholders to refine and execute on our three-year strategic scale plan in line with company mission and core purpose.
• In collaboration with our Program and Data & Learning teams, play a key role in guiding the evolution of business model to provide maximum value for our entrepreneurs.
• Continuously stay abreast of significant trends in the business development services (BDS) field, drawing insights to improve service delivery and market positioning.
• Guide the end-to-end development of team, including talent strategy, recruitment, professional growth, and culture development.
• Work closely with the Board Chair to build, strengthen, and effectively leverage the Board of Directors to broaden community and global influence.
Fundraising and External Representation
• In collaboration with the team and Board, define and implement a comprehensive (global and local) fundraising and marketing strategy targeting individuals, foundations, institutional foundations, and corporations to resource company growth.
• Lead on building, maintaining, and cultivating relationships with current and prospective stakeholders.
• Define a partnership that will help us achieve greatest leverage as we scale. Continuously network with a range of players and build creative and impactful partnerships in line with the strategy.
• Externally represent the company and our work at conferences, events, and other such public forums.
• Leverage partners and company marketing team to oversee the development of a strong brand (via media, public relations, marketing, etc.) to better position organisation in the market and attract the right entrepreneurs.
Grow Our High-Performing Team
• Define and lead company overall talent strategy to deliver on organizational goals. Champion its values (below).
• Build and maintain a culture and working environment that attracts, retains, motivates, and develops a diverse staff of top quality professionals to deliver on our growth ambitions.
• Provide coaching, guidance, and accountability across the team to enable them to deliver against organizational objectives.
• Ensure that appropriate management and administrative systems and procedures are put in place for monitoring and enhancing performance.
Oversee Financial Strategy
• Oversee the creation and management of a significant multi-year budget and financial model.
• Work with your leadership team to ensure that company resources are appropriately managed and strategically invested to most efficiently drive effectiveness and growth.
• Lead organisation towards self-sustainability by exploring different revenue models and streams.
• Ensure compliance with all legal and statutory requirements and any agreed protocols.
Who We Are Looking For
We Imagine You Will Have The Following Experience
The right person will be a visionary leader, connector, and strategist, with 8+ years of dynamic experience and a proven track-record of leading and building strong teams to launch or scale a growing company. They will be passionate about our mission of supporting young entrepreneurs to transform the Kenyan economy and committed to company long-term growth. The role will report directly to the Board of Directors and include +/- 30% local and international travel.
• Proven track record driving results and change in a high-growth environment.
• Over 8 years of practical experience in start-up acceleration, SME development, financial services, consulting, business operations or marketing, with relevant graduate degree (MBA preferred). A high level of ability to understand and empathise with an entrepreneurs’ journey is strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated senior management or executive-level experience building, leading, and coaching teams of at least 10 people, directly and indirectly. Having managed managers and leading/managing across cultures is essential.
• Demonstrated experience leading the creation and implementation of successful organizational strategy.
• Proven experience building and leveraging partnerships to have greater impact.
• Experience working with and leveraging Boards preferred.
• Ability to wear many hats and juggle many priorities and projects at any given time.
• Demonstrated competence across all aspects of a growing business or non-profit, from strategy, to human capital development, to finance and operations, to fundraising, to sales and marketing.
• An in-depth understanding of the East African business and entrepreneurial development ecosystem preferred.
• While we’d love to hire a Kenyan CEO, we’re open to qualified and committed applicants from all nationalities. Foreigners will have to demonstrate a strong understanding of the African work and business culture, with Kenyan and East African experience preferred.
You are a visionary and inspiring leader.
You are capable of aligning others behind a bold vision and have proven results of how your strong determination to rally others has created impact in past roles. You are inclusive but decisive, thoughtfully engaging others before defining plans.
You are a connector.
You are a natural relationship builder with a proven ability to build and maintain impactful relationships that add value to the organization. You have excellent collaboration, communication, and presentation skills.
You are a systems builder and/or optimizer
. You are analytical and process-oriented, always looking for ways to improve systems and build structures around you.
You make things happen
. You have a proven track record of leading teams to deliver on time and within budget, closely monitoring progress to ensure nothing falls between the cracks. You run through walls and are willing to put in the time it takes to do a good job.
You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
. You love learning, you adapt quickly, and you are a creative self-starter who is able to navigate and provide guidance during seasons of change.
You are passionate and stubbornly committed to company mission
. Most of all, you believe in our vision and mission – the power of young entrepreneurs to transform the Kenyan economy. You aspire to stay in East Africa for an extended period of time.
. We are open and inclusive. We prize ideas over hierarchy, value differences, and proactively support each other to achieve team goals.
. We actively seek and implement quick feedback for learning, innovation, and improvement both in what we do and how we do it. We evolve based on data, our experience, customer feedback, research, and industry trends.
Don’t Solve the Same Problem Twice
. We proactively communicate problems and build structures to address them in a consistent, systematic way.
. We consistently go above and beyond expectations to deliver the highest quality and professionalism in everything we do.
Our client is looking to fill the position of CEO.
Job Summary A manufacturer of cosmetics, household and personal care products is looking for an experienced production technician. Minimum Qualification...
From Anonymous Employer - Nairobi Area
Published a month ago
Description Tetra Pak East Africa is recruiting for an experienced Key Account Director. The successful candidate will develop and drive the execution of...
From Tetra Pak - Nairobi Area
Published a month ago
Hotel Sales Executive Jobs, Current Sales & Marketing Jobs, Title: Hotel Sales Executive, Industry: Hospitality, Gross Salary: 15k, Location: Kajiado, Job...
From Corporate Staffing Services Ltd - Rift Valley
Published 24 days ago
Job Summary Our Client, a leading firm of Real Estate Consultants and Contractors are looking for the ideal candidate for the above position. Minimum...
From New Age Associates - Nairobi Area
Published 24 days ago