Responsible for planning, organizing and directing the overall operations of Nursing/PatientCare Services. Ensures compliance with patient care quality standards as it relates to the careprovided to all age groups of patients ranging from neonate to geriatric. Maintainsperformance improvement activities within the department and participates in ContinuedQuality Improvement activities.
1. At least BSc. Nursing degree; MSc. Nursing an added advantage2. 2 Years of relevant nursing management experience.
3. Demonstrated intention to advance professionally.
4. Flexibility, a high degree of organization and the ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced
rapidly changing environment.
5. Strong work ethic and dedication
6. Data analysis, communication, creativity, critical thinking and effective problem solving
7. The ability to demonstrate leadership, managerial ability, good interpersonal relationships,
and the application of sound administrative principles.
8. Ability to determine appropriate course of action in more complex situations
9. Licensed with the Nursing Council of Kenya
1. Promotes the mission, vision and values of the organization.2. Knows and practices the prescribed policies and standards of Nursing/Patient Care
3. Organizes, directs, and administers the Nursing/Patient Care Services in order to provide
the level of care required by current medical and nursing standards.
4. Plans and coordinates with the Financial Controller, Administrator and HR Officer, utilizing
the respective Nursing Leadership members for planning the budgeting requirements for
personnel, supplies, and equipment.
5. Responsible for cost controls to insure maximum effectiveness of funds expended from the
approved departmental budgets.
6. Supports and develops Nursing/Patient Care Services in the coordination of the employee
selection process, work assignments/duty allocations, performance appraisals, and staff
development for these services.
7. Maintains continuing quality assessment and improvement analysis and evaluation of
patient care delivery and communicates with Administration on the activities/issues of
Nursing/Patient Care Services.
8. Plans and recommends to Administration new facilities or equipment, or modification
thereto, needed to provide patient care.
9. Recommends, supports, and participates in education services, programs of education, and
training, including orientation of new employees. Encourages and facilitates the
professional advancement of employees by affording opportunities for further education
10. Recommends the modification, addition, or deletion of personnel policies to insure
reasonable hours and acceptable working conditions to provide patient care coverage.
Approves the nurses’ Rota as forwarded by floor managers.
11. Initiates and participates in problem solving, policy forming conferences for
Nursing/Patient Care Services. Maintains close coordination with all departments to ensure
continuity and collaboration of services.
12. Ensures that cordial professional relationships are maintained with patients, their families
13. Interprets the goals of the Nursing/Patient Care Services areas to the community by
maintaining harmonious and effective relationships with the education system, volunteer
groups, agencies, and the community.
: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience
: 2 years
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Want to see how you rank against other applicants?
Get detailed analysis on Fuzu Instant Feedback
Sign up to learn more
NGO Jobs in Kenya The International Institute of Rural Reconstruction or IIRR is a rural development organization which has over half a century of...
Published a month ago
A leading provider of medical services in East Africa is seeking to recruit aDirector of Nursing and Quality. The successful candidate will assess, evaluate and...
From Summit Recruitment & Search - Nairobi Area
Published a month ago
At Ericsson, you can be a game-changer! Because working here isn’t just a deal. It’s a big deal. This means that you get to leverage our 140+ years of...
From Ericsson - Nairobi Area
Published 25 days ago
The Kenya Financial Sector Deepening (FSD) programme, FSD Kenya, was established in early 2005 to support the development of inclusive financial markets in...
From Fsd Kenya - Nairobi Area
Published 25 days ago