Friday, 10:26 Ad ID2883418 Manager Radiology Nairobi CBD Nairobi Details Number of Positions 1 Years Experience 8 years Minimum Qualification Diploma Job...
From The Nairobi Hospital - Nairobi Area
Published a month ago
Share this offer Company Website : Industries : Education, trainingResearch and development Job ads : Company description CARNEGIE MELLON UNIVERSITY-AFRICA’s...
From Carnegie Mellon University Africa - Nairobi Area
Published a month ago
Reports to: Managing Director Client: Mattress Manufacturing Company Job Purpose: As a Marketing Manager you will be responsible for developing, establishing...
From Gap Recruitment Services Limited - Nairobi Area
Published a month ago
Job Summary The respective candidate should have marketing experience of at least 5 years at management level in FMCG industry. This candidate will be...
From Brightermonday Consulting - Nairobi Area
Published 20 days ago
Responsibilities for this position will include support for routine project reporting; researching, interviewing, and writing up project success stories; development of social media content; and documentary and event photography.
Experience Level:Management level
Experience Length:7 years
USAID’s Kenya Investment Mechanism
Position Description – Communications Manager
Position Level: Manager Level I
USAID’s Kenya Investment Mechanism (KIM)
KIM is a USAID funded project that is designed to unlock $400 million in investment for key sectors of Kenya’s economy, including agriculture; horticulture, dairy, and livestock (supported by Feed the Future), energy (supported by Power Africa), regional trade and investment opportunities (supported by the Prosper Africa initiative), women-owned businesses as well as in the WASH, health, and infrastructure sectors. KIM addresses constraints on both the supply and demand sides of investment transactions and is building a market system that will mobilize substantial capital from the public and private sectors. By building local partnerships among stakeholders in the financial system, KIM is stimulating the power of the private sector to accelerate Kenya’s journey to self-reliance.
KIM addresses two principal market failures that have discouraged investors from financing important segments of the targeted sectors: (i) insufficient quality consulting services (financial, transaction advisory, strategy, and business performance); and (ii) limited scalability of financial products tailored to selected key sectors of the economy in the region. KIM provides capacity building support to both business advisory service providers (BASPs) and Financial Institutions (FIs). KIM uses smart incentives to mobilize finance for development in the targeted sectors. These incentives are designed to create a sustainable ecosystem for businesses to access finance and investments needed to expand and grow. Business transactions are further supported by a diverse range of sustainable partnerships--with and among strategic businesses, institutions, government counterparts (county and national) and other development partners. These partnerships will lead to scaling and replicating creative approaches to unlock finance and investments, reduce risks of extending credit to the agriculture and energy sectors, and offer testing of innovative business models that can be scaled.
The Palladium Group
Palladium is the implementing organization behind KIM. As a global leader in the design, development, and delivery of Positive Impact, Palladium creates enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities, and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental, and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
KIM is hiring a Communications Manager to strengthen internal and external communications with various stakeholders. Responsibilities for this position will include support for routine project reporting; researching, interviewing, and writing up project success stories; development of social media content; and documentary and event photography.
The successful candidate will be based in the Activity’s Nairobi office, and will report directly to the Communications Director. The ideal candidate will be creative, self-motivated, and hardworking, and will be talented in communications across different media — including writing, speaking, photography and video.
You should apply if you have a BA or Associate Degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or Marketing, and are excited about joining a fast-paced environment that is dedicated to unlocking finance and investments for enterprises in Kenya and East Africa.
• Take the lead in coordinating information gathering for weekly reports, quarterly reports, annual reports, work plans, one-pagers, and other material.
• Development of compelling articles for weekly reports, success stories, fact sheets, social media posts, and creative digital material such as website content, videos, visual images, press releases, flyers, etc.
• Ensure appropriate branding and marking for all communications tools for the program.
• Plan and implement events, and curating communications materials to support development of project events and workshops in collaboration with Director of Communications and the project teams.
• Maintain project library of all communications tools, photos, and events in a digital format.
• Carry out all other duties deemed necessary to giving the program exposure to its audiences.
• A Master’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing, branding or a related field, plus 7 years of experience; or a bachelor’s degree plus 10 years’ experience.
• Verifiable experience in branding, marketing, or communications-related work, especially complex communications, and storytelling for external audiences of an organization or company.
• Experience working with USAID programs preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to unpack and communicate complex concepts simply with a range of stakeholders.
• Demonstrated experience in external relations, multi-stakeholder facilitation and event management.
• Understanding of economic development, finance & investment, and/or enterprise development and previous experience in these areas a plus.
• Graphic design skills and familiarity with document management, content management and web-based design would be an advantage.
• This position is open to Kenyan resident nationals.
Key competencies and professional expertise
• Strong written and oral communication skills in English
• An avid writer, with ability to craft interesting human-interest stories.
• Microsoft Office suite proficiency and the ability to operate spreadsheet and word-processing programs at a highly proficient level.
• Ability to manage and satisfy competing priorities from multiple stakeholders.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing, and lead presentations, training courses, and effective meetings.
• Online campaign and digital strategy experience a plus.
• Outstanding interpersonal communications skills enabling the individual to work with people at all levels internally and externally and around the world.
• Demonstrated integrity, independent thinking, judgment, and respect for others.
Applications will be accepted until May 17th, 2021, at 11:59 PM EAT.
Please note that this position is contingent on USAID approval.
Important Safety Tips
1. Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
2. If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.