Islamic Relief Worldwide is an independent humanitarian and development organisation, serving humanity for over 35 years. With an active presence in over 40 countries, we strive to make the world a better and fairer place for those effected by poverty, conflicts or natural disasters.
Our Kenya Office is currently recruiting for the position of Country Director to join and lead the Country Management Team in International Programme Division. The purpose of job is:
- To represent Islamic Relief at all levels in country
- To strengthen IR’s relations with the wider humanitarian and development community to consolidate and develop the visibility and image of the organisation
- To deliver effective programmes according to the Country Programme and Regional Strategies
- To ensure maximum impact of the organisation’s work, facilitate professional communication systematically and cooperate between the different parts of the IR family.
- To lead, manage and develop staff in order to ensure that the country office is capable of fully achieving its agreed targets.
Master’s degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies, International Relations/ or other relevant discipline.
Experience on working as a Country Director, or a senior management role with an International NGO in a complex emergency.
Experience and knowledge of current trends and future trends of the humanitarian and development sector, and in particular a thorough understanding of the Kenya context.
Proven experience of successful resource mobilisation including strategic engagement with institutional donors.
Proven experience and skills in project design including developing innovative ideas and multi-sectoral and complex emergencies
Ability to think strategically, innovate and achieve results
Excellent Communication skills in English both in writing and orally with impact.
Able to deliver results within tight deadlines.
Substantial experience and knowledge of effective budgetary control and grant management.
An in depth understanding of international development issue.
: Post-graduate education
Required relevant work experience
: 10 years
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Want to see how you rank against other applicants?
Get detailed analysis on Fuzu Instant Feedback
Sign up to learn more