Society Vision: To redefine financial wellness
Stima DT Savings and Credit Cooperative Society Limited (Stima Sacco) is a leading countrywide, fast growing and licensed DTS (Deposit Taking Sacco). In order to achieve the planned growth, the Sacco is looking for a qualified and competent person to fill the following vacancy:
**DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR-1 POSITION
Duties and Responsibilities**
1. Managing SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
2. Configuring and maintaining database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and ensure high levels of performance
3. Developing strategies and implementing solutions for managing back-ups, restoration and replication
4. Implementing strategies for database high availability and scalability and will with project teams to ensure a smooth deployment of new services and solutions.
5. Maintaining data integrity, security and access – monitoring user access, developing and maintaining system security in line with standards and ensuring compliance to all standards and procedures.
6. Maintaining, tuning, use tools like SQL Profiler for database tuning. Generate traces, execution plans, identify performance issues, deadlocks/contention and resolve them.
7. Appling data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations
8. Proactive housekeeping/archiving and shrinking of databases
9. Independently analyzing, solving, and correcting issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
10. Refining and automating regular processes, track issues, and documenting changes
11. Assisting developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
12. Providing 24x7 support for critical production systems.
13. Performing scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
14. Sharing domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
15. Providing monthly reports on database systems availability, incidences, and system breaches and recommending possible improvements.
Skills and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent education from a recognized University.
• 3+ years’ experience in administering Microsoft SQL server databases in a financial institution
• Certification on SQL database administration
• Extensive experience writing T-SQL and stored procedures and query tuning on high-transaction systems.
• Experienced in SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
• Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
• Experienced in ETL (Extract-Transform-Load) development / data integration.
• Sound knowledge of RDBMS concepts, database architecture and SQL/T-SQL.
• Proficient with SQL server profiler for monitoring and troubleshooting database activity and performance.
• Experience in SQL Server Clustering and HA technologies including mirroring, log shipping, failover cluster and various replication technologies.
• Knowledge of other databases like MySQL, No SQL databases and In-memory databases and MCTIP certification will be an advantage.
• Strong Knowledge of Database Security.
• Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory
• Experience working with Microsoft Dynamics Nav 2016 ERP will be an added advantage
• Ability to develop procedure documents and maintain detailed database related documents.
• Innovative approach to work, constantly looking for upgrading the system to more efficient and effective new technologies.
Qualified applicants should send their Application Letter and Detailed CVs on or before
5pm on 14th February 2020 i
ndicating the position applied for as the subject line.
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
Reporting to the Head of ICT, the job holder will be responsible for managing and administering multiple MS SQL database systems including back -up, performance tuning, capacity planning, monitoring critical events and documentation.
Schedule: Full time