Our company is a leading distributor of kitchen catering equipment.
Experience Level:Mid level
Experience Length:3 years
• Sourcing the right equipment from the supplier list given.
• Preparation of import documentation such as certificate of origin.
• Ensure that cargo is handed over to the correct handling agent.
• Calculating and processing duties and taxes to be paid.
• Handling Sales team queries in imports and updating them on the shipment status.
• Tracking shipments estimated time of arrival.
• Attain a seamless flow of all sea/Air freight documentation.
• Perform accurate and timely declaration upon receipt of all clearing documents from the forwarding company to eliminate delays and avoid customs offences
• Liaise with suppliers for timely shipments, follow up for documents to be received and goods cleared well in time to avoid late documentation charges and storage charges.
• Allocating the correct license depending on type of goods being imported.
• Data Quality-Ensure accurate declaration to evade customs and other statutory bodies penalties
• To carry out any other duties that may be assigned by the Management from time to time.
Requirements for the Declaration Clerk
Degree/Diploma in Logistics,
Clearing and Forwarding or Shipping.
2-3 Years’ experience as a
Custom Declaration Clerk.
This role demands a thorough
understanding of the law, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government
regulations, political processes and agency rules.
Strong communication skills are
vital in this role both written and verbally.
Negotiation skills – Ability to
negotiate for better rates with clearing agents.
Excellent interpersonal skills.
Team player and result
Excellent Microsoft office
Knowledge of sage system will
be added advantage.
Responsibilities • Sourcing the right equipment from the supplier list given. • Preparation of import documentation such as certificate of origin. • Ensure that...
From Anonymous Employer - Nairobi Area
Published 12 days ago
Fresh Life Initiative (FLI)is an award-winning social venture that makes hygienic sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban slums for everyone...
From Sanergy - Nairobi Area
Published 4 days ago
Fresh Life Initiative (FLI) is an award-winning social venture that makes hygienic sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban slums for everyone...
From Sanergy Limited Kenya - Nairobi Area
Published 4 days ago
Your Role: As Customer Sales Representative, you will drive KOKO’s growth in business volume and profitability by selling KOKO Cookers and leading sales...
From Koko Networks - Nairobi Area
Published a month ago