Friday, 10:25 Ad ID2883414 Head of ICT Nairobi CBD Nairobi Details Number of Positions 1 Years Experience 10 years Minimum Qualification Masters Job Level...
From The Nairobi Hospital - Nairobi Area
Published a month ago
Friday, 10:24 Ad ID2883409 Critical Care Specialist Nairobi CBD Nairobi Details Number of Positions 1 Years Experience 5 years Minimum Qualification Masters...
From The Nairobi Hospital - Nairobi Area
Published a month ago
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on...
From Uncareer.Net - Nairobi Area
Published 25 days ago
Share this offer Company Website : Industries : Education, trainingResearch and development Job ads : Company description CARNEGIE MELLON UNIVERSITY-AFRICA’s...
From Carnegie Mellon University Africa - Nairobi Area
Published a month ago
Responsible for providing strategic leadership in Human Resources Management and Administration services and formulation of policies and procedures relating to Human Resource Management and Administration services to ensure that the Office attracts, develops and retains required talents to meet its mandate.
Experience Level:Management level
Experience Length:15 years
The Office of the Auditor-General (OAG) is an Independent Office established under Article 229 of the Constitution of Kenya. The Office is charged with the primary oversight role of ensuring accountability in the use of public resources within the three arms of government (the Legislature, the Judiciary and the Executive) as well as the Constitutional Commissions, Independent Office and any entity that is funded from public funds.
Pursuant to Article 252 (1) (c) of the Constitution, the Office seeks to recruit qualified and competent staff to fill the following positions:
DIRECTOR –– HUMAN RESOURCE AND ADMINISTRATION: GRADE OAG 3 (1 Post): GRADE OAG 3 (1 Post)
Purpose of the job
Reporting to the Deputy Auditor – General (Corporate Services), the Director – Human Resource and Administration will be responsible for providing strategic leadership in Human Resources Management and Administration services and formulation of policies and procedures relating to Human Resource Management and Administration services to ensure that the Office attracts, develops and retains required talents to meet its mandate.
Duties and Responsibilities
1) Provide strategic professional leadership and direction for the development and implementation of effective Human Resource Management and Administration services strategies, policies and procedures;
2) Coordinate the Office’s human resource planning initiatives to ensure the formulation of strategies / programmes for the timely acquisition and / or development of the critical skills required to support and sustain the business strategies of the Office;
3) Establish frameworks for the continuous development and review of the human resources capabilities / competencies through learning and development programmes, succession plans and career management processes;
4) Develop and implement an effective Performance Management System to motivate staff and enhance performance and productivity;
5) Oversee the preparation of the Human Resource Management and Administration budget and exercise expenditure control;
6) Develop and implement procedures necessary to attract, select and recruit staff with relevant skills required for the core business of the Office;
7) Develop progressive and proactive compensation and benefits strategies to provide motivation, incentives and rewards for effective performance;
8) Review and implement OAG social welfare programs including Health, GPA & GLA, and safety programs;
9) Coach, mentor and develop the HR and Administration team to ensure excellent performance and effective succession management;
10) Proactively manage employee relations and staff discipline so as to achieve optimal labour productivity, industrial harmony and maintain a positive image of the Office;
11) Effectively manage both physical and computerized HR Records and Information Systems to ensure accountability of human resources and availability of records for sound decision making;
12) Establish initiatives towards the development of a corporate culture that facilitates achievement of the mandate and strategy of the Office.
13) Oversee implementation of management decisions and development projects;
14) Oversee provision of overall administrative support services in the Office
15) Any other duties assigned from time to time by the Auditor – General.
Requirements for Appointment
1) A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Organization Development or any other relevant Social Science degree from a recognized university;
2) Diploma or Higher diploma in Human Resource Management from a recognized institution;
3) A Master’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business Management/Administration, Strategic Management, Organization Development or any other relevant Social Science from a recognized university;
4) Proficiency in Computer Applications and knowledge of Human Resource Management Information System;
5) Strategic Leadership Development Programme (SLDP) or its equivalent from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
6) Must be a Practicing member of the Institute of Human Resource Management of good standing;
7) Must have a valid IHRM Practicing License;
8) Thorough knowledge and understanding of Kenya Labour Laws;
9) Minimum of 15 years relevant working experience five (5) of which must have been at the level of Deputy Director or equivalent and comparable position.
1) HR Strategy - Knowledge of how the HR Strategy supports the implementation of the corporate strategies, through HR activities such as HR planning, attraction and recruitment, reward and recognition, performance management, training and development, retention and succession and staff wellness.
2) HR Planning - Knowledge of the process of developing organization structures, job profiles and to determine staff establishment as well as the competencies (functional knowledge, functional skills, behavioral and leadership competencies) required to function competently and effectively.
3) Attraction, Recruitment and Induction Practices - Knowledge of attraction strategies and competency-based recruitment to allow for the hiring, placement, assessment and induction of staff with the right functional knowledge, skills and behavioural competencies to excel in OAG environment.
4) Reward and Recognition Practices - Knowledge of how the Office should compensate staff in a manner that is fair, consistent, reflective of the external market, and should know how to put strategies in place to ensure recognition for the achievement of individual goals, office objectives and professional competency.
5) Performance Management Practices - Knowledge in aligning activities to the vision and strategy of the Office and to monitor the organization’s performance against strategic goals. Knowledge of the process by which managers and staff work together to plan, monitor, and review staff’s work objectives and overall contribution to the Office. Knowledge of the process of consulting and assisting line managers in setting objectives, assessing progress
and providing on-going coaching and feedback to ensure that staff are meeting their objectives and career goals.
6) Training and Development Practices - Knowledge of how to assess and develop skills and competencies of OAG professionals to improve productivity, staff morale and job satisfaction.
7) Labour law - Knowledge of the body of law that governs the relationship between the Office and the staff, including Labour laws relating to employment contracts, statutory regulations such as collective bargaining, protection from discrimination, wages, hours of work as well as health and safety.
8) Strategy Formulation and Strategic Management Develop clear strategies and project plans ensuring that the strategies are consistent with the vision and strategic goals of the Office. Systematically envision a desired future and translate this vision into broadly defined goals and a sequence of steps to achieve them.
1. All applications must be emailed to the email address indicated for each position. No physical applications will be received.
2. Applicants must attach the following documents:
1) Application Form accessed via the following link:(http://www.oagkenya.go.ke/getmedia/5e8a7efc-ca62-4754-8a18-e8492e188a88/APPLICATION-FORM-FOR-EMPLOYMENT;.aspx;.aspx?lang=en-US) clearly indicating the post applied for, full name of the applicant, National ID Card No, Telephone Number and email address.
2) Academic and professional certificates
3) Other relevant testimonials
4) Clearance certificates from the following bodies:
a) Directorate of Criminal Investigations
b) Credit Reference Bureau
c) Kenya Revenue Authority
d) Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
e) Higher Education Loans Board where applicable
Applications should reach the Office on or before25 May 2021
It is a criminal offence to provide false information and documents in the job applications. The Office shall take appropriate action on any applicant who shall be found to have presented false information and/ or documents.
The Office of the Auditor-General is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to have diversity in the workforce in line with the Constitution. Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing of any form will lead to automatic disqualification
Important Safety Tips
1. Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
2. If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.