Applications are, invited from appropriately qualified candidates for the above position based in Nairobi Kenya. The position holder will report to the Dean, GSMC and will will work with senior faculty and GSMC leadership on strategic planning and leadership of key initiatives to achieve drive strategies supporting the vision and mission of GSMC.
• A Master’s degree
• 10 years relevant work experience. Experience in an academic institution and especially a media school will be a definite advantage
• Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to influence and motivate spanning multiple organizational boundaries
• Demonstrated high level of diplomacy in persuading and influencing a wide variety of people at various levels to achieve results
• Demonstrated excellence in planning, organizing and analyzing complex situations
• Demonstrated ability to make sound business decisions using good business judgment and innovative and creative problem-solving
• Demonstrated ability to manage financial, organizational and staff resources
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to cultivate professional and business partnerships
• Facilitate the development of an overall Strategy and Plan for GSMC;
• Support the strategic growth of GSMC and new programs, as envisioned by the Dean;
• Oversee the budget and planning for Graduate Studies in Media and Communications
• Lead the marketing and communications activities for GSMC’s professional development and executive education programs;
• Provide marketing and communications leadership for various projects in co-ordination with partners and relevant AKU entities;
• Manage brand and visibility of GSMC locally and in emerging regional markets, in alignment with the AKU communications team, particularly as this relates to the web site, brochures, banners, advertising, etc.
• Act as administrative coordinator for the Executive MA for Media Leadership and Innovation, working closely with Programme Leader/facilitators;
• Act as GSMC liaison to deliver the Harvard Kennedy School leadership programme;
• Resource planning and scheduling, ensuring that programme deliveries are scheduled and assigned
• Support the design and delivery of GSMC Conferences;
• Oversee the development and implementation of Work-Study Assignments for students;
• Coordinate the activities of GSMC programmes – impact tracking, data gathering, value to market assessment, and use of data to promote and guide future programmatic activities;
• Co-ordinate the various necessary committees to support the Dean to ensure appropriate governance and decision-making in the school;
• In consultation with the Human Resources Division, contribute to the human capital needs of the school, i.e. training, workshops, advisory abilities, etc.
• Assist in assigned special projects (i.e. facilitator, master of Ceremonies, public relations) such as Compass, hosting special guests, workshops, and lectures, etc.
• Represent GSMC, where necessary, at university events, functions and activities;
• Strengthen links between GSMC and the Innovation Centre;
: Post-graduate education
Required relevant work experience
: 10 years
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Want to see how you rank against other applicants?
Get detailed analysis on Fuzu Instant Feedback
Sign up to learn more