Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Commerce/Economics or any other business-related course
Chartered Accountant and a Member of ICPAK, ACCA or similar association
Previous experience at a senior finance level in financial analysis and planning, treasury management, controls design and review, budgetary control and financial reporting.
Up-to-date applied knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards and tax regulations.
Strong business and commercial finance acumen.
Proven team player, with demonstrated ability to work effectively with other members of the executive team to drive change at business unit level.
Proven ability to work across a broadly diversified group with multiple business line and at different stages of their business; and
Personable, bold and efficient leader with well-developed stakeholder management and communication sk
1Business Reporting Services
Responsible for the preparation of all company reports and dashboards to help leaders at all levels easily keep an eye on performance, improve efficiency and reduce waste.
2Revenues and Receivables Management
* To oversee the billing process, ensure no revenue leakage. Reconciliation of the billed revenues to SLA’s to ensure completeness.
* Manage the collection process. Work with the team to develop measures/tools to apply to diligently ensure collections targets for the business are met.
* Track the receivables, periodically update management on status and progress of initiatives deployed.
* Prepare routine cashflows update for the business, ensure management and stakeholders are briefed on the liquidity status, and propose corrective actions where necessary.
3Budgets and Costs management
*Prepare, analyse, monitor and report on financial information including budgets, expenditure, forecasts, cost control and cash flows
* Track all costs and budget including processing of all related invoices
* Identify and report on expenditure, budget and income variations as well as implementing monitoring processes to provide for efficient operations.
*Continuously advise on cost management measures to be deployed at the centre to maintain costs with the cost to income thresholds set.
4Transaction processing and Cashflow management
* Ensure posting of transactions are done appropriately and timely.
* Seemly engagement with suppliers and business partners. Timelines to be strictly and proactively adhered to.
* Proactive management of cash at the business, preparation of the weekly rolling cashflow indicating the status of cash, due obligations, the funded status, any gap/surplus and remedial actions where necessary.
* Manage the tax matters of the centre, in conjunction with the group tax team.
5Communication and coordination activities
* Establish strong relationships with the entire team by fully understanding the status and issues around the business and proactively assist the teams as required
* Maintain a pleasant friendly attitude for a positive working environment.
* Review of any project/Development reports. Responsible for accuracy of numbers.
* Organize, attend projects review meetings and sufficiently challenge assumptions applied.
* Liaise and collaborate with Group finance team including keeping the team aware of the status of projects, cash flow forecasts, due payments, financial reporting, filing tax returns among others
* Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures.
* Ensure timely, accurate and appropriate reporting.
* Preparation of the Board reports, and other adhoc reports as may from time to time be requested for review.
8.Supervise a cross functional support team accountable for delivering high quality, timely deliverables that allow our customers
: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience
: 3 years
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Want to see how you rank against other applicants?
Get detailed analysis on Fuzu Instant Feedback
Sign up to learn more
Our Client, an established and well-known brand in the key services sector in the region, is looking to identify a Senior Finance Officer to strengthen the...
From Human Capital Solution Services (Hcss) - Nairobi Area
Published 19 days ago
PERSON PROFILE i. Bachelor’s degree in ICT or equivalent ii. Professional ICT Certification by M iii. Minimum 5 (five) years’ relevant work experience with a...
From Embu Water And Sanitation Company - Eastern
Published 19 days ago
Job Summary This role will involve leading and managing the end to end process in the acquisition or divestment of middle market investments in East Africa for...
From Centum - Nairobi Area
Published 19 days ago
Qualifications 4-6 years prior Office Administration/ Accounting experience preferred Hands-on experience with MS Office and accounting software (e.g...
From Crystal Recruit - Nairobi Area
Published 18 days ago