Azuri Technologies Ltd. headquartered in the United Kingdom, is a leading provider of PayGo solar power systems for rural off-grid customers. Azuri has operations in 5 countries in sub-Saharan Africa deploying small home lighting systems to rural users. The PayGo business model transforms the affordability of entry-level power for our customers and adoption is growing rapidly.
Azuri is now actively developing products that move up the ‘energy escalator’ starting with PayGo TV using solar, combined with satellite/Digital TV equipment and content packages.
To date, the company delivered more than 150,000 pay as you go solar power systems and is continuing to grow aggressively.
The GM Azuri Distributor has P&L and operational responsibility for the Azuri Distributor.
The GM will lead the HQ and field teams consisting of the sales management, call centre, technical and logistics operations, Finance, HR and marketing.
The GM will work closely with the Azuri personnel to deploy and optimise the operational processes including sales commissions, KPIs, increased credit collections and resource productivity.
The role will require to set up and lead a professional team to run the operations consisting of a Financial Controller, Sales Managers, Operations Manager, Call centre/Logistics resources etc. The GM will be instrumental in setting and running an effective governance structure consisting of segregated Finco and Opco entities and ensuring accurate financial planning and delivering to agreed budgets and plans.
The role will require frequent travel to the field in Kenya and hands-on management.
• Degree level education and MBA added advantage
• 10+ years’ work experience in a distribution / operations role
• High level of familiarity with sales, operations, and strategy formulation
• Very strong communication and negotiation skills
• Business acumen and strong commercial vision
• Excellent analytical skills
• Very good organizational and interpersonal skills
• Passion for the whole range of commercial activities and for Azuri Vision
• An individual of unquestionable integrity willing to go the extra mile to deliver results
: Post-graduate education
Required relevant work experience
: 10 years
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:
Self-prepared CV file
- the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself
Want to see how you rank against other applicants?
Get detailed analysis on Fuzu Instant Feedback
Sign up to learn more
Sign up and Apply
Share this job
15 days left to apply