ABOUT ONE ACRE FUND Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
The Global HQs Corporate Operations Lead guides and manages the overall direction and execution of Corporate Operations’ activities in our two global HQ locations; Kigali & Nairobi. This person will create new processes & systems to drive standardisation and improved execution, guiding their team’s engagement with clients to provide the highest possible quality and efficiency of service. The role is responsible for ensuring that, as our global HQs grow, we can scale up our services sustainably, and make the right choices to meet organisational & staff needs. The person in this role is expected to engage with and drive the long-term strategic vision for the Corporate Operations team and plan accordingly for the future of our services.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Set the strategic vision for the growth & improvement of our global HQ locations and define a pathway towards reaching it
- Create mechanisms by which to gather & track critical data and use it to drive timely decision making
- Create and implement key systems & processes to ensure the smooth running of our global HQ operations
- Own the strategic creation & improvement of all Visitor Systems & Processes for our global HQ locations
- Create and oversee the relationships with external vendors who support our operations in HQ locations
- Set a strategic vision for both leadership & staff-facing communication and create processes to ensure consistency, timeliness & well-crafted information
- Liaise with our global Health, Safety & Security team to ensure our global HQ locations are meeting organisational standards
- Own the use and tracking of our annual budget for global HQ locations, while increasing cost efficiencies
- Support the development of global policies relating to controls, staff benefits and access and oversee their implementation in your global HQ locations
- Support the development, implementation and use of cross-country tools & technology, from supply forecasting to asset management tools and more
- Provide professional development opportunities and coaching to reports
- Plan for, develop and document new policies/processes in support of scalability
- Work with Corporate Operations management to set and measure OKRs, KPIs and budgets
- Support management with any staff training or hiring processes
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with 3+ years of work experience and ideally a demonstrated passion for our mission.Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Fluent English is essential; both written & spoken
- Excellent relationship management skills & customer service experience
- Strong process design skills, with the ability to standardise processes for multiple contexts
- Ability to employ and apply systems thinking to a range of complex & nuanced problems
- Excellent and provable attention to detail
- Strong educational background; degrees in business management/administration preferred
- Demonstrated leadership experience at work, or outside of work, enthusiasm for learning, and openness to feedback.
- Ability to build teams and collaborate with colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
PREFERRED START DATE
As soon as possible
Kigali,Rwanda or Nairobi,Kenya
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance, paid time off
SPONSOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
No;Must have existing rights to work in either Kenya or Rwanda.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.orgaddress. Please report any suspicious communication here (**********),but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.