We are looking for a Data Scientist who will support our product, sales, leadership and marketing teams with insights gained from analyzing company and external data. The ideal candidate will be adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimization and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action. They must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations. They must be broad minded with a proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights. They must be comfortable working with awide range of stakeholders and functional teams. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets collected within and without the company and not limited in nature or source
Desired Qualifications and Experience
• Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
• 5 or more years’ Experience with Oracle Analytics or related tools
• Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
• Experience working with and creating data architectures.
• Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning,
artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
• Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of
distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
• A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
• 5-7 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models,
• University degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field, and is familiar with the following software/tools:
o Coding knowledge and experience with several languages: C, C++, Java,
o Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression,
Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, etc.
o Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics:
regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural
o Experience analyzing data from 3rd party providers: Google Analytics, Site Catalyst,
Coremetrics, Adwords, Crimson Hexagon, Facebook Insights, etc.
o Self-starter (ability to work independently) with good prioritization skillso Business driven, people focused, with exceptional influencing skills; excellent
organizational, project management, multi-tasking, presentation and time-management
o Highly detail oriented
o Passion for social enterprise and people development
• Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
• Identity, recruit and lead a team of highly skilled data engineers and analysts with a global mandate
• Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
• Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
• Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
• Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
• Develop d.light testing framework and test model quality.
• Coordinate with different functional and OpCo teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
• Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience
: 5 years
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Want to see how you rank against other applicants?
Get detailed analysis on Fuzu Instant Feedback
Sign up to learn more