Society Vision: To redefine financial wellness
Stima DT Savings and Credit Cooperative Society Limited (Stima Sacco) is a leading countrywide, fast growing and licensed DTS (Deposit Taking Sacco). In order to achieve the planned growth, the Sacco is looking for a qualified and competent person to fill the following vacancy:
INSURANCE ASSISTANT-1 POSITION
Reporting to the Chief Manager Business Development, the job holder will be responsible for:
Duties & Responsibilities.
1. Growing the Society’s revenue base through Insurance brokerage fees and commissions among others;
2. Implementing strategies, policies and standards relating to Insurance function in line with the Society objectives;
3. Promoting the function’s responsibilities focusing on developing Society plans, objectives, strategies, policies, norms and procedures;
4. Providing Insurance cover for assets, human resources and potential legal liabilities of the Society;
5. Administering Insurance policies including monitoring of claims and recoveries;
6. Providing advice on Insurance matters as required;
7. Keeping the Society abreast of emerging issues in the Insurance field;
8. Negotiating Insurance disputes with customers and other parties with a view to settling them out of court;
9. Creating Insurance awareness among the Society staff;
10. Facilitating settlements of Insurance claims through Insurance brokers;
Qualifications & Skills
• Bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution.
• Diploma in Insurance management from a recognized institution will be an added advantage
• Registered with the Chartered Institute of Insurance or other relevant professional bodies.
• Three (3) years’ experience in the Insurance industry with extensive knowledge of marketing issues.
• Sound knowledge of the Insurance products and services and IRA regulations.
• High levels of professionalism, honest with impeccable integrity (high ethical standards).
• Good management ability with capacity to grow, support and develop talent within the Society.
• Demonstrable business acumen and excellent communication, social and presentation skills.
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills
• Ability to communicate clearly and persuasively, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence, and speak clearly to third parties and employees.
• Ability to meet reporting expectations of the Management
• Excellent decision making skills.
• Excellent organization, delegation, performance management, administration, analytical, influencing, negotiation and time management skills.
Qualified applicants should send their Application Letter and Detailed CVs on or before
5pm on 14th February 2020 i
ndicating the position applied for as the subject line.
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
The Sacco seeks an Insurance expert with the overall responsibility of among others executing the Society’s long-term vision and strategy, drafting of policies, development of business plans and company budgets.
Schedule: Full time