The United Nations Human Settlements Programme, UN-Habitat, is the agency for human settlements. It is mandated by the UN General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all.
The UN-HABITAT Office of the Deputy Executive Director internship is for 6 months.
The Internship is UNPAID and full-time.
Interns work five days per week (35 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the department or office to which they are assigned.
Daily responsibilities will depend on the individual's background; the intern's assigned office as well as the internship period.
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Coordinator, the Intern will:
- Prepare briefing notes for meetings and official trips of the Senior Coordinator.
- Support internal communication and prepare management meetings; take minutes, prepare draft reports and assist in tracking deliverables.
- Assist the Senior Coordinator with external communication and social media activities.
- Assist the Special Assistant in coordinating special initiatives and events.
- Assist the team in the ongoing organizational restructuring exercise.
- Undertake any other duties and responsibilities consistent with the incumbent’s expertise and that she/he can be reasonably expected to undertake
: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience
: one month
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Want to see how you rank against other applicants?
Get detailed analysis on Fuzu Instant Feedback
Sign up to learn more