Jhpiego is a nonprofit global leader in the creation and delivery of transformative health care solutions for the developing world. In partnership with national governments, health experts and local communities, we build health providers’ skills, and we develop systems that save lives now and guarantee healthier futures for women and their families. Our aim is revolutionizing health care for the planet’s most disadvantaged people.
JEMS is the Jhpiego Enterprise Management System, used throughout the organization and is developed and managed by the Information Services and Technology Support department. The core JEMS team is comprised of members from the Nairobi and Baltimore offices. The JEMS team works with Jhpiego’s business units to incorporate enterprise processes in an effective and efficient software solution.
We are seeking experienced individuals with excellent organizational and technical skills, who are team players, dedicated, hardworking, innovative, highly motivated and able to work in a high-pressure environment requiring multi-tasking abilities.
JEMS HELP DESK USER SUPPORT ASSISTANT- FRENCH & PORTUGUESE
(2 Positions on 6 Months Fixed Term Contract)
Reporting to the Senior Software Engineer, the Help Desk User Support Assistant is responsible for JEMS support and training of JEMS users in all Jhpiego country offices and specifically to the French and Portuguese-speaking country offices.
• Provide first level user support to JEMS global users across different time zones
• Open, categorize and transition tickets to the various stages to closure in JIRA
• Provide remote support to global users to sort out JDR related issues on their machines.
• Differentiate enhancement requests, system bugs, client requests and escalate them appropriately
• Maintain a log or documentation of system and training gaps to help improve the system; maintain the lessons learnt log and the FAQ site
• Assist the development team in setup and testing of new countries and modules
• Write user documentation and other help-related materials in English, French and/or Portuguese
• Provide remote JEMS training support to global users using skype and other media platforms
• Maintain new country test scripts by improving them and filing them per ISTS process and procedures.
• Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Computer Science or related field
• Three years’ experience in help desk support of Enterprise Systems, customer service and user training.
• Must be able to speak and write in English and French/Portuguese.
• Knowledge of computer operations, data analysis, database management, and technical support
• Knowledge in the use and support of windows operating system and other OS’s.
• Knowledge in the use and use of various internet browsers
• Excellent organizational skills including the ability to handle a variety of assignments under pressure of deadlines.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to effectively communicate with senior management, technical staff, as well as non-technical end users
• Excellent computer proficiency particularly working with Office 365
• Be of high integrity and have a sense of confidentiality
• Willing to work outside prescribed work hours, especially during peak periods
Interested applicants should send application & CV with 3 referees by
14th February 2020
. Indicate how your education and experience qualifies you for the position.
Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Jhpiego is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and other minority groups are encouraged to apply.
Responsible for JEMS support and training of JEMS users in all Jhpiego country offices and specifically to the French and Portuguese-speaking country offices.
Schedule: Full time