Appointment to this position is either on permanent and pensionable terms or on a three (3) year renewableperformance-based contract, depending on age, citizenship, or any other reason.
Applicants MUST have a Bachelors of Arts Degree in Psychology, a Master’s Degree specialization in
Clinical Psychology and an earned PhD in Clinical Psychology or equivalent qualifications from an accredited
and recognized university.
• Have at least three (3) years relevant work experience at university level or in a Research institution or
• Have evidence of contribution to university/research institution through activities such as participation indepartmental management, students’ academic/research advising, school or university/institutionalmeetings, committee membership and related matters.
In addition, applicants should:
• Be registered with the relevant professional body.
• Demonstrate community involvement (e.g. Member of BOG, SMC etc.)
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
• Develop and review institutional curricula to ensure quality and cater for advancement in the body of
knowledge and meet market needs.
• Prepare for lectures for systematic and effective delivery of content
• Deliver the curricula through innovative methods to transfer knowledge and skills.
• Maintain appropriate contact hours with students for effective learning by abiding to the scheduledtimelines.
• Prepare teaching and instructional materials for students to maintain standards and uniformity andensure effective delivery of the teaching process.
• Set, moderate, administer, mark, compile, report, and process exams to meet University academicstandards to evaluate acquisition of knowledge and ensure quality.
• Establish linkages for students exchange programs and attachment for purposes of training andcapacity building
• Participate in attachment, placements, field trips and teaching practice to equip students with on thejob skills.
• Monitor students’ performance, progress, produce timely feedback, and seek ways to improveperformance and content retention.
• Provide career guidance, Academic advising and mentoring of undergraduate and postgraduatestudents during consultation hours to produce all round and well-grounded individuals.
• Ensure quality standards are maintained by ensuring students abide to policies and regulations in classattendance and examination discipline.
• Supervise undergraduate and postgraduate students in research activities • Identifying research needs in the society in order to inform potential areas of research and contribute to the body of knowledge.• Develop and write proposals to inform and justify the need for research and source for funds inaccordance to donor regulations and ethical standards.
• Conduct research by implementing objectives through use of relevant methods to increase in the body of knowledge.
• Disseminate and share research findings to inform and influence policy and provide solutions tosocietal needs.
• Aid the University in meeting its mandate while contributing to individual development and standingof the University in research matters.
• Identify and initiate external linkages with local and international bodies for purposes ofcollaboration, research and funding.
• Engage stake holders for purposes of curricula development, sharing experience and knowledge.
• Undertake sensitization programs to create awareness on issues affecting local communities.
• Participating in preparation of Department and Faculty strategic plans and other departmentalactivities.
• Perform any other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned or delegated by the Head ofDepartment, Dean of Faculty or other Officer of the University in accordance with the University Statutes
: Post-graduate education
Required relevant work experience
: 3 years
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Want to see how you rank against other applicants?
Get detailed analysis on Fuzu Instant Feedback
Sign up to learn more