Appointment to this position is either on permanent and pensionable terms or on a three (3) year renewable
performance-based contract, depending on age, citizenship, or any other reason.
Applicants must have:
An earned PhD in either Political Science, Government and Public Administration, International Relations or
its equivalent from an accredited and recognized university.
• Have at least three (3) years relevant work experience at University level or in a Research institution or
• Have evidence of contribution to university/research institution through activities such as participation
in departmental management, students’ academic/research advising, school or university/institutional
meetings, committee membership and related matters.
In addition, applicants should
• Be registered with the relevant professional body.
• Demonstrate community involvement (e.g. Member of BOG, SMC etc.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
• Develop and review institutional curricula to ensure quality and cater for advancement in the body of knowledge and meet market needs.
• Prepare for lectures for systematic and effective delivery of content
• Deliver the curricula through innovative methods to transfer knowledge and skills.
• Maintain appropriate contact hours with students for effective learning by abiding to the scheduled timelines.
• Prepare teaching and instructional materials for students to maintain standards and uniformity and ensure effective delivery of the teaching process.
• Set, moderate, administer, mark, compile, report, and process exams to meet University academic standards to evaluate acquisition of knowledge and ensure quality.
• Establish linkages for students exchange programs and attachment for purposes of training and capacity building
• Participate in attachment, placements, field trips and teaching practice to equip students with on the job skills.
• Monitor students’ performance, progress, produce timely feedback, and seek ways to improve performance and content retention.
• Provide career guidance, Academic advising and mentoring of undergraduate and postgraduate students during consultation hours to produce all round and well-grounded individuals.
• Ensure quality standards are maintained by ensuring students abide to policies and regulations in class attendance and examination discipline.
• Supervise undergraduate and postgraduate students in research activities
• Identifying research needs in the society in order to inform potential areas of research and contribute to the body of knowledge.
• Develop and write proposals to inform and justify the need for research and source for funds in accordance to donor regulations and ethical standards.
• Conduct research by implementing objectives through use of relevant methods to increase in the body of knowledge.
• Disseminate and share research findings to inform and influence policy and provide solutions to societal needs.
• Aid the University in meeting its mandate while contributing to individual development and standing of the University in research matters.
• Identify and initiate external linkages with local and international bodies for purposes of collaboration, research and funding.
• Engage stake holders for purposes of curricula development, sharing experience and knowledge.
• Undertake sensitization programs to create awareness on issues affecting local communities.
• Participating in preparation of Department and Faculty strategic plans and other departmental activities.
: Post-graduate education
Required relevant work experience
: 3 years
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Want to see how you rank against other applicants?
Get detailed analysis on Fuzu Instant Feedback
Sign up to learn more