The position is responsible for Basic Needs Basic Rights Kenya’s knowledge generation, management and shared learning and accountability. The position supports internal learning and accountability, advocacy, policy and practice engagements and transformation.
The primary accountability is the research and evidence process right from concept building, data collection systems and procedures, ensuring highest degree of ethics in both generation, handling and utilisation. The position acts as the nerve centre for ensuring results are consistent with funder agreements in qualitative and quantitative terms and corrective measures are raised and addressed punctually. In addition, the role ensures data collection consistently checks and updates that key project metrics are firmly on course while ensuring intentional and routine inclusion of cross cutting issues of gender, age, disability and other diversities in health and development.
Experience Level:Mid level
Experience Length:5 years
1. Lead the development of the organizations monitoring, evaluation, learning, and research strategy, standards and project operational guidelines (MELR).
2. Implement a comprehensive MELR system and lead BNBR work with academia, government and other likeminded organizations.
3. Train and mentor staff and partners in the research processes and tracking of results, effects and outcomes.
4. Support internal learning, and knowledge packaging, dissemination and policy dialogues.
5. Develop, implement, and maintain cutting edge learning and project tracking mechanisms and consistently update on key project metrics.
6. Promote user led data analysis and its use for self, community and national advocacy.
7. Support the development and quality assurance of externally sub-contracted evaluations, research studies, learning consultancies and other such engagements by BNBR.
8. Be BNBR’s internal custodian and champion for the strict and proactive adherence to ethical processes in research and human interactions, especially in safeguarding of children, and vulnerable or disadvantaged adults.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
a. Level of Education/Academic Qualification
• Bachelor’s degree in Economics , Public Health and or post basic training in Statistics, Population studies , Demography, epidemiology
• Additional training in Monitoring, Evaluation, Research Ethics, mental health research, Research Methods an added advantage .
b. Competencies/Abilities/Skills Required
• Excellent Qualitative and Quantitative methodologies
• Proficiency in use of Data analysis tools (SPSS,Epi-Info) and aptitude to learn additional statistical packages
• Expertise in developing and implementing development project tracking and evidence generating systems
• Ability to develop a good working relationship in a multi-cultural team, with local organizations, national and global program partners and counterparts in order to contribute at the highest level to project deliverables
• Ability to identify specific research issues and choose appropriate research methods informed by time frames, available resources and the skills that are accessible
• Excellent communications skills, written and oral utilising appropriate language, technical detail and form suited to the audience; English and Kiswahili required.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including Excel, Word, and Outlook
Relevant Work Experience
• Over 5 years of demonstrated work experience in development, population and health research, data management and development writing
• Demonstrated capacity to write high quality research, M&E reports acceptable in professional publications.
• Well-grounded in large data collection and management procedures (Both qualitative & quantitative) Research concepts and proposal generation.
• Advocacy skills
• Knowledge of or aptitude for Knowledge packaging and dissemination
1. Edit your CV to include the Application Letter on the First Page
2. Address your application to:
The Executive Director,
Basic Needs Basic Rights Kenya
Mai-Mahiu Road, House NO 21
3. Kindly include addresses of 3 professional referees in your CV.
4. Applications will be reviewed on Rolling basis.
All applications should be sent via BrighterMonday by Close of Business on Thursday, 2nd of July 2020.
NGO Jobs in Kenya The International Institute of Rural Reconstruction or IIRR is a rural development organization which has over half a century of...
Published a month ago
A leading provider of medical services in East Africa is seeking to recruit aDirector of Nursing and Quality. The successful candidate will assess, evaluate and...
From Summit Recruitment & Search - Nairobi Area
Published a month ago
At Ericsson, you can be a game-changer! Because working here isn’t just a deal. It’s a big deal. This means that you get to leverage our 140+ years of...
From Ericsson - Nairobi Area
Published 25 days ago
The Kenya Financial Sector Deepening (FSD) programme, FSD Kenya, was established in early 2005 to support the development of inclusive financial markets in...
From Fsd Kenya - Nairobi Area
Published 25 days ago