Position: Animator Location: Remote Contract Term: 6 months with possibility of extension
Women First Digital(WFD)is a collection of online platforms that provide information and counseling services on safe abortion, contraception and SRHR. WFD leverages the reach, innovation and power of the internet to reach as many people as possible. Through these platforms we connect women all around the world to accurate information, allowing them to make informed decisions about comprehensive abortion care and services. The following platforms comprise the WFD Program:
1.HowToUseAbortionPill.org(also known as PinkShoes.org in regions of the world where criminalization or stigma make abortion resources inaccessible)
·HowToUse is a one stop global resource for safe abortion, providing simple instructions on how to use the medical abortion pills. HowToUse also provides abortion eLearning courses, country-specific abortion information and is currently translated into 24 languages.
·safe2chooseconnects women all around the world to accurate and individualized information on medical abortion pills, so that they can have a safe abortion where, when and with whom they feel most comfortable.Our team includes multilingual counselors, medical doctors and experts in the field of public health and international development that work together to provide women with accurate information about safe abortion.
·Created in collaboration with Bedsider.org and partners around the world, findmymethod.org shares information on contraception that is easy to understand, comprehensive, and globally representative.
We are looking to hire an Animator for our platform safe2choose.org whose scope of work is inclusive of, but not limited to:
Overall Objective: The Graphic Designer will be responsible to create and design Graphic for safe2choose website based on the needs of the website and its corresponding social media handles based on the needs of the website.
·Ensure that branding design is developed and applied consistently, following specific style guides;
·Design daily social media content for all safe2choose social media channels;
·Design online and offline promotional materials as determined by the project manager;
·Develop and constantly improve the image of the brand;
·Monitor and recommend market and design trends;
·Provide web support and guidance to website developers;
·Coordinate with Graphic Printers the printing of offline promotional material;
·Produce and maintain photography library;
·Creating IEC and other promotional materials used for communicating with clients;
·Any other duties as requested by the line manager.
Skills and Experience
- University degree with relevant work experience as a Graphic Designer / Animator, expertise in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere (or Final Cut) or equivalent programs;
- Knowledge of graphic design & animation principles for both online and offline materials. Video edition is a plus;
- Combine art and technology to communicate ideas through visuals, images, websites and other means;
- Ability to conceptualize and create characters, storyboards and illustrations layouts for the project under the supervision of communications team;
- Participate in brainstorming sessions to share new design perspectives and ideas;
- Maintain a positive and team focused attitude;
- Excellent written & spoken communication skills;
·Independent access to a working computer and reliable connection to the Internet and own tools.
Contract Type and Term:
This is a Part-time position. This is a 6 months contract with possibility of extension.