Is directly responsible for supervising Chef de Partie.
Is indirectly responsible for supervising all Pastry Commis and bakers
The incumbent in the position is responsible for leading and managing the Pastry and Bakery Kitchen Staff in order to ensure the highest standards of pastry & bakery products in accordance with the operating procedures and Nairobi Street Kitchen Standards.
Education And Experience :
Bachelors degree in Kitchen Management, Hotel Management Courses
Minimum 5 years experience in Pastry & Bakery Kitchen in a senior position, preferably in a five-star hotel or multiple outlet facility
• Prepares and implement dessert menus and specialty dishes for all outlets in conjunction with the executive chef, for providing permanent control of food technology, maintaining standards of food purchasing, preparation, quality, hygiene, sanitation and decoration.
• Organizes and manages daily pastry/bakery operation, prepare dish costs and organize food storage.
• Co-ordinates pastry & bakery staff operation and organize communication of all outlets in order to provide effective production of high-quality products according to business trends.
• Improves operation standards, implement new food technologies and work at food saving and preserving tangible effects. To ensure that correct staffing levels are in line with departmental budget and business objectives and that equipment is utilized effectively.
• Provides a wide range of dishes on the basis of customer demand analysis and a broad assortment of product, variety of menus, up-to-date concepts of food preparation and decoration.
• Assist chef de cuisine to achieve best quality in food production and take part in working out new dishes.
• Carry’s out control of product quality, food preparation technology, raw food product laying norms. Bear personal responsibility for quality of prefabricates and food produced by the kitchen, for correspondence with adopted standards, technological and calculations cards.
• Organizes and conducts training for pastry & kitchen staff in pastry cooking methods.
• Monitors on daily base food checks for spoilage and wastage and their correspondence with adopted recipes and decoration patterns.
• Assists the Human Resources manager in providing the pastry/bakery operation with qualified staff, organize staff properly, ensure that best experience and professional knowledge is utilized and a healthy work environment, meeting safety and hygienically requirements, is maintained.
• Implements training, assessment and annual performance evaluations in cooperation with HR and Training departments.
• Makes duty rosters, vacation planning in accordance with the chef de cuisine and forecasted business levels.
• Liaises with stewarding, F&B cost control, F& B service, engineering and purchasing in order to ensure control of received food items, proper storage, monitor food costs, knowledge of new menus and their launching, proper operation of all equipment and control of technological discipline, internal rules, sanitation and hygiene standards.
• Conducts regular departmental meetings and daily briefings with outlet managers and other food and beverage heads of department in regards of daily specials or menu changes.
• Monitors pastry/bakery standards in all outlets and banquets ensuring that their heads of department take corrective actions as necessary.
• Monitors variety of pastry products offered in competitor hotels.
• Makes recommendations to management for modernization of equipment, service methods, presentation, and improved guest satisfaction.
: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience
: 5 years
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:
Self-prepared CV file
- the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself
Want to see how you rank against other applicants?
Get detailed analysis on Fuzu Instant Feedback
Sign up to learn more