Responsible for providing effective confidential and public relations services to the office of the Chief Executive Officer.
Experience Level:Mid level
Experience Length:7 years
The National AIDS Control Council (NACC) is a state Corporation whose mission is to provide policy and strategic framework for mobilizing and coordinating resources for the prevention of HIV transmission and provision of care and support to the infected and affected people in Kenya. More details of our mandate and contacts can be found in the website www.nacc.or.ke In our efforts to fulfil this mandate, the NACC seeks to recruit a suitable candidates for the following positions:
Job TitlePERSONAL ASSISTANT
Reports toCHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
DepartmentCHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICE
Responsible for providing effective confidential and public relations services to the office of the Chief Executive Officer. Specific duties include preparing correspondence, providing information to staff and stakeholders, scheduling appointments to ensure efficient and effective progress in all commitments.
Core Working RelationshipsHead, Legal Services, Deputy Directors, Board Members and Ministry of Health liaison officers
• Maintain efficient and effective communication channels between the Office of the Chief Executive Officer; the Council Chairperson; Council members; other departments and external customers to ensure professional interface and superior customer service
• Maintain the Chief Executive Officer’s calendar and schedule of appointments, screen requests for meetings, synchronize office and personal diaries to ensure that appointments do not overlap.
• Coordinate the preparation of both local and international itineraries for the Chief Executive Officer; confirm travel bookings, freight and hotel reservations
• In charge of the preparation of board agenda documents and circulation
• Coordination of logistics and administrative support towards organization of meetings convened by the Chief Executive Officer
Plan and manage special assignments
• Draft routine correspondence and reports; proofread a wide variety of general reports, letters, and memos and independently compose correspondence on routine administrative matters
• Handle routine matters personally and determine and forward priority matters to the Chief Executive Officer or appropriate officers accordingly
• Handle enquiries and complaints, brief the Chief Executive Officer of sticky and unresolved issues requiring prompt decision-making to ensure customer satisfaction
• monitor and control office expenditure
• Attend meetings; take notes or minutes as per the Chief Executive Officer’s instructions
• Must possess a Master’s degree in either Public Health, Epidemiology, Law, Social Sciences, Business Management, Public Administration, Public Relations, Communication or any other relevant degree.
• Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field.
• Applicants who demonstrate High level Proficiency in Computer keyboard operations and transcription skills shall be accorded an added advantage.
• Minimum seven (7) years relevant experience gained in providing support to top executive and senior management
• Considerable tact and poise including excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with people from diverse backgrounds.
• Ability to maintain excellent public relations through courteous responses to inquiries and provide information within scope of responsibility.
• Effective time management skills and the ability to priorities workloads and work within tight deadlines.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of privileged information and to ensure absolute discretion and sensitivity to confidential matters.
• Ability to produce consistently high-quality work in an intensely pressurized office environment.
• Ability to perform a variety of important sometimes urgent, confidential, and complex tasks with constantly changing priorities for top executives.
The above positions are on a three (3) year renewable contract basis subject to satisfactory performance through a formal appraisal. The individuals recruited shall be of high integrity and able to work within a team. If you fulfill the requirements, you are invited to submit an application letter together with an up to date CV, copies of certificates, testimonials, names and contacts of three professional referees in a sealed envelope by5:00 p.m on Tuesday, December 8, 2020to the address provided below.
NACC is an equal opportunity employer and does NOT discriminate any applicant on the basis of their HIV status, ethnic background, sex, religion, disability, or marital status yet is attentive to gender, regional and ethnic balance. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
For candidates to be considered, they will be required to meet the expectations of Chapter 6 on Leadership and Integrity. This will include but is not limited to getting the following clearances:
1. Certificate of Good Conduct
2. Clearance from the Ethics and Anti – Corruption Commission on Integrity
3. Certificate of Compliance from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
4. Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) Tax Compliance Clearance
5. Certificate of Clearance from the Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
The Chief Executive Officer
National AIDS Control Council
Landmark Plaza 9th Floor
P.O. Box 61307, 00200
Important Safety Tips
1. Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
2. If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Salary Currency: Kenyan Shilling Coordinate office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance to company policies Supervise administrative...
From Restah Company Limited - Nairobi Area
Published a month ago
Job Summary We are looking for a reliable Office Administrator. Minimum Qualification:Diploma Experience Level:Mid level Experience Length:2 years Job...
From Restah Company Limited - Nairobi Area
Published a month ago
Job Summary To provide basic support to Afya Uzazi Nakuru/Baringo Program Project staff in maintaining the office: including general cleaning, handling mail...
From Fhi360 Ngo - Rift Valley
Published 19 days ago
About Us Established in 1999, Guangzhou Son link Industry Co., Ltd. is a large-scale modernized motorcycle manufacturer, which specializes in manufacturing and...
From Sonlink Motor'S Enterprise - Nairobi Area
Published 11 days ago