THE WORK AT THE FOUNDATION We have entered a very exciting time at the Foundation as we scale up our operations across Africa to realize ourYoung Africa...
From Ion - Nairobi Area
Published a month ago
THE WORK AT THE FOUNDATION We have entered a very exciting time at the Foundation as we scale up our operations across Africa to realize our Young Africa Works...
From Mastercard Foundation - Nairobi Area
Published a month ago
Job Location: Athi River Salary Budget Gross : Ksh 25,000 Age bracket: 20-26 years old Work Experience: 2-3 years Job Summary One of our clients in the...
From Summit Human Resource & Marketing Consultant - Nairobi Area
Published 23 days ago
• A degree in Finance or Accounting,• CPA Part II,• At least 2-year Experience working as an account assistant,• At least 26 years old,• Ability to work closely...
From Summit Human Resource And Marketing Consultant - Nairobi Area
Published 9 days ago
23. Apr, 09:54 Ad ID:2704205
Nairobi CBD Nairobi Details Number of Positions 1 Years Experience 3 years Minimum Qualification Bachelor Job Level Mid level Work Type Full time Company Industry Energy Employer Summit Recruitment & Search Description
Our client, an International company, is looking for a competent Project Accountant.
The successful candidate will provide project accounting support to the business in order to facilitate effective and efficient execution of day-to-day project operations and monitor and ensure a controlled project accounting environment for all projects. Experience in the Kenyan power/energy sector is an added advantage.
• Assist with initiation and payment of payroll in a timely manner in line with the companies and KRA procedures and guidelines.
• Assist with initiation and payment of all taxes in a timely manner to the Kenya Revenue Authority.
• Ensure none to minimum exposure to tax penalties due to non-payment.
• Develop/design and implement project financial administration and reporting processes.
• Assist with initiation and management of all banking and financial related activities across the numerous banking accounts according to lenders protocol.
• Support the overall project supply chain function and ensure that policies, systems and procedures are legally compliant.
• Allocate cost codes.
• Verify project deliverables (scope).
• Facilitate administration and payments to all project vendors and contracts by ensuring that policies, systems and procedures are legally compliant.
• Ensure effective stakeholder relationships (internal and external) as well as providing relevant support and services to applicable stakeholders.
• Bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution, in a relevant field such as B.Com (Accounting) or Finance.
• Between 3 and 5 years of Finance experience – experience in project management will be an added advantage.
• Must be a registered member of ICPAK.
• Additional Certification (CPA etc.) is a plus.
• Computer literacy (MS Office Suite), strong knowledge of MS Excel skills is required.
• Familiar with project cost management concepts – s-curves, earned value, cost and schedule performance indices (CPI/SPI).
• Knowledge and understanding of financial models, loans and maturity rates, tax, VAT and extended liabilities.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to manage multiple, complex financial governance systems.
• Understanding of LIBOR rates, loan repayments and schedules, bonds and other insurances.
Monthly gross salary: Negotiable depending on skills and experience.
Position Level: Lower Mid-Level.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya.
Deadline: 23rd May 2021.
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***
NEVER PAY TO HAVE YOUR CV/APPLICATION PUSHED FORWARD. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a scam. If you are requested to make a payment for any reason please report abuse using the button on this page.