The Regional Finance and Commercial Specialist will provide effective financial management support to the country finance teams responsible for managing finances for Education Development Trust’s Sub Saharan Africa (SSA) programmes and projects. The job holder will provide analytical and specialist skills in the region’s finance and commercial activities, and specifically with responsibility for ensuring integrity of the financial reports, financial systems, financial controls, budget and forecasts, and commercials in bid development. The job holder will also be champion for the Trust’s financial policies, standards and procedures, supporting and mentoring staff and colleagues to ensure a thorough and complete understanding is maintained.
• Review and analyse country financial reports to ensure that they are accurate, timely and meet the client/stakeholder expectations.
• Review and analyse the primary financial input data to ensure it is complete, reliable and accurate thus ensuring the integrity of financial reports.
• Work with country finance managers to continuously assess the appropriateness and effectiveness of operational processes and the financial control environment to ensure compliance with financial regulations, prevent/detect significant fraud and generally manage financial risk.
• Support the country teams to get ready for internal and external audits by helping them to prepare audit files and audit schedules that meet the set quality and the relevant International Standards.
• Advise the Head of Finance (HoF) -SSA on identified key control points and weaknesses in the country financial systems or functions and provide innovative and creative recommendations for correcting unsatisfactory conditions and improving operations.
• Ensure that audit recommendations are implemented through regular follow-ups with responsible country teams. Group: International SSA Page: 2 of 3 Doc Owner: SSA HoF Dept: Management Date of issue: Filename: Regional Finance Specialist Version: Jan,2020
• Track compliance in the countries, (local legislation, client, donors and corporate) and advise the Country Finance Managers and Head of Finance-SSA on corrective measures for any noncompliance.
• Be the BWO financial system regional expert in order to support the country teams through trainings and mentorship to ensure optimal and effective use of the system.
• Support the continuous development and improvement country financial systems to ensure that they remain reliable, effective and efficient, and supports the user needs. Grants and contracts
• Review donor and client agreements for accuracy and completeness and advise HoF-SSA on missing information and critical/sensitive clauses.
• Draft and review subcontracts for partners and subgrantees by ensuring that they capture the salient features of the mother/main contracts.
• Follow up to ensure subcontracts are approved as per the established delegation of authority and filed appropriately after signing. • Undertake due diligence for new and existing partners during bid development and before contract mobilisation. Business Development
• Support the preparation of bids and proposals by working with the bid development team and provide input information for the development of commercials and costing of workplans. • Develop draft budgets and commercials for new projects and activities in accordance with Education Development Trust and client guidelines.
• Prepare draft commentaries including sensitivity analysis for the bid commercials specifically on value for money.
• Research and advise on the appropriate business setup for the different SSA countries that the Trust may venture into by engaging legal and tax experts. • Any other reasonable duty as may be assigned that is consistent with the nature of the job and the safe and effective operation of the organisation.
: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience
: 5 years
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Want to see how you rank against other applicants?
Get detailed analysis on Fuzu Instant Feedback
Sign up to learn more