Only applications received via
will be considered. Any phone calls, emails or other types of canvassing may lead to your application being disqualified.
Please do not apply if you do not meet the minimum requirements set out below.
: Permanent - Regional
: Nairobi, Kenya or Johannesburg, SA
Position Reports to
Executive Director HR with a dotted line relationship to the Managing Director
Works with HR staff at Headquarters, senior regional staff from various departments, such as Finance and Administration, Office of the General Counsel, IT, and the country office senior team as well as HR staff or those with HR responsibilities at the country level.
• Develops regional HR strategies that support organizational strategy and regional/country goals and objectives. Leads organizational HR initiatives for the organization such as workforce planning, HR capacity building, learning and development, performance management, recruitment support etc. to ensure the right talent at the right time. Identify and facilitate development and implementation of operating standards, tools, and resources. Devise and implement HR metrics.
• Evaluate HR functional capacity and facilitate HR operational support for the regions and country operations. Build HR knowledge, expertise, and capacity leveraging internal and external resources. Direct development and delivery of training and other capacity building efforts. Oversees compliance with local labor laws within the region. Works with offices and staff in region on employee relations issues. Ensures local compensation and benefit practices are in alignment with organizational rewards strategies.
• Ensure that HR issues are given full consideration in all decision making and are in compliance with the spirit and intent of local labor regulations and requirements as well as management requirements where applicable. Solicit feedback and recommend improvements where appropriate.
• Provides hands-on technical HR support to Country operations and serve as a strategic partner providing advice and counsel to the senior team at country, regional and continental level. As needed, serve as primary point of contact for all HR matters. Coordinates, as required, with colleagues from Global HR, Finance and Administration, Office of the General Counsel and IT.
• Perform other duties as assigned and contribute to the development of the global HR function for Philips.
Professional Experience and Skills:
• Relevant Bachelor or Master’s degree, minimum 15 plus years of progressive HR professional experience with a minimum of 8 years as a regional manager or director or equivalent education and experience
• Demonstrated success as an HR generalist supporting employee groups in multiple locations within the region or global environment.
• Demonstrated success in supporting key senior management and building relationships.
• Capable of managing conflict and conflicting views.
• Broad knowledge and experience in recruitment, compensation and benefits, employment law, organization development, employee relations, and training and development.
• Experience in managing international hired employees including relocation, benefits, and other critical employee relations issue.
• Strong collaborator with effective interpersonal and analytical skills who is able to work seamlessly across countries, cultures, and organizational units.
• Demonstrated ability to work, manage, and meet competing deadlines in a fast-paced, high volume environment; aptitude for problem solving and decision making needed
• Excellent English plus French verbal and written communication skills required.
• Ability to travel extensively
• SPHR, GPHR, CIPD or other HR professional certification preferred
In return, we offer you the unique combination of a critical and challenging role and a creative and empowering office environment.
You will be actively encouraged to make improvements, establish best in class service and have a direct impact on the success of Philips on a daily basis.
The Regional HR Manager will act as a strategic business partner that supports the Central, East & Southern Africa Operations & Programs and works directly with regions and countries within these programs. The focus of the role is to provide hands-on operational HR support to the region while assessing the need for resources and HR capacity building going forward. The Regional HR Manager will work with the regional and country teams to execute on global and regional HR strategies and initiatives. He/she will participate in the development of global HR tools, policies and procedures and facilitate the implementation at the country level.
Reports To : General Manager East Africa Location: Nairobi, Kenya Job Purpose The Electrical Distribution Director will be a member of the Management Team...
From Schneider Electric Kenya - Nairobi Area
Published a month ago
One of the largest manufacturing companies in East Africa. They now seek to recruit a dynamic, exceptional and visionary leader with good professional and...
From Manpower Services Group - Nairobi Area
Published a month ago
The World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) is an international non-governmental organization founded in 1961, working in the field of the wilderness preservation, and...
From World Wide Fund For Nature (Wwf) Kenya - Nairobi Area
Published a month ago
ROLE OVERVIEW Our client, an NGO in the Health Sector continues to work closely with governments and their partners to strengthen national community health...
From Talent Source Limited - Nairobi Area
Published 25 days ago