Introduction...Reporting to the Senior Relationship Manager – Agribusiness, will be responsible for business development & growth of the Agribusiness Banking portfolio by working closely with FMFB Senior Management, Leadership Team, Branch Management teams, Credit and other stakeholders in the Bank.
A degree in agriculture or business related field i.e. Agribusiness, Bachelor of Commerce, Business Studies, Economics, Cooperative or Banking/Finance.
Formal training in Lending/Relationship management - Agriculture
ACIB/AKIB or Marketing Course
Certificate in Agribusiness Financing - KSMS
Masters in a business-related field will be an added advantage.
Implementation of the Agribusiness Banking portfolio strategy in line with the Bank's overall strategy and business growth plan.
Working closely with stakeholders in Senior Management, Leadership Team, Branch Management teams and Credit to increase market share of the Agribusiness Banking portfolio in terms of number of farmer groups and agribusiness partners, customer numbers, products and service consumption and revenues while proactively reducing the non-performing loan book.
Driving sales through effective leadership, guidance and performance management process within the branch network and relationships.
Working directly with Branches and Agribusiness Banking officers to drive account utilization and hence cheap and stable deposits.
Identification and capitalizing on new market opportunities to expand presence, competitiveness and profitability through proactively selling of products and services.
Improving the business environment and raising the profile for the Agribusiness Banking segment in the Bank.
Establishing profitable banking relationships with Agribusiness Banking clients by providing high quality banking and other financial services to that clientele where the Bank operates.
Advice the Bank on Agribusiness Banking market analysis and segmentation with regards to Agribusiness financial products, credit Risk evaluation processes, loan monitoring, collections and debt recovery procedures.
In liaison with other stakeholders, ensure quality portfolio by effective identification of risks and their mitigations.
Representing the Bank and business unit in forums, meetings and fast track the implementation of the relevant agreed action points.
Monitor, on a continuous basis, all transactions to ensure that unusual and suspicious transactions are reported to the Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO).
Implementing and enforcing the board approved AML, KYC & CFT policy in as far as is applicable within my area of responsibility.
Any other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor.
a) Credit appraisal & approval
• New business acquisition in the Agribusiness Banking segment.
• Ensure customers receive prompt feedback on the fate of their applications.
• Make appropriate recommendations for cases presented to the various Credit Committees.
b) Marketing of the Bank products
• Attracting new businesses and expanding current business.
• Good customer care and relationship management.
• Assisting in the cross-selling of all the Bank products.
c) Monitoring and Control of the Community Banking portfolio
• Ensuring compliance with Bank's Credit Policy and Government regulations.
• Regularly monitor all performing accounts.
• Maintain and evaluate quality of Loans to ensure compliance with lending guidelines.
d) Staff functions
• Adopting a proactive and energetic work style to enhance customer/ interdepartmental /branch delight.
• Offer advice to Branches and the Agribusiness Banking staff on matters and issues relating to segment credit appraisals.
• Upholding the required professional and technical knowledge by attending and contributing to the appropriate training programs.
e) Bank wide AML, KYC & CFT
• Monitor, on a continuous basis, all transactions to ensure that unusual and suspicious transactions are reported to the Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO)
• Implementing and enforcing the board approved AML, KYC & CFT policy in as far as is applicable within my area of responsibility
• Offer HR Support in recruitment, employee relations, talent management, health & safety
: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience
: 5 years
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Want to see how you rank against other applicants?
Get detailed analysis on Fuzu Instant Feedback
Sign up to learn more