This position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya, with travel to field locations. The Research Analyst will support the lead Embedded Research Advisor on a large multi-partner program working on integrating nutrition-sensitive and gender-integrated approaches into agriculture interventions across Africa. Our new colleague will work with clients in East and West Africa, drafting and reviewing Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (ME&L) materials, with the goal to support the clients’ monitoring systems. The day-to-day work will focus onnutrition-sensitive and gender-sensitive agriculture projects. Previous experience working on gender, nutrition, or agriculture projects, as well as with MEL, are a plus.
• Support Laterite’s Embedded Research Advisories. You will work with the lead Embedded Research Advisor to build the trust of the partner organizations and support them to achieve their objectives through your contribution to ME&L activities. You will champion an open and inquisitive culture where communication is clear and productive.• Deliver timely and high-quality research. You will be involved in a wide variety of research activities to build a rigorous body of evidence from literature reviews, quasi-experimental studies to experimental impact
evaluations. You will contribute to all steps of such studies, including research design, sampling strategy, instrument development and testing, data collection quality assurance, data cleaning, technical analysis, and
generating final client deliverables.
Specifically, the Research Analyst’s responsibilities will cover two primary areas:
Project Management & Coordination
• Develop and manage tasks and timelines and report to Embedded
Research Advisor on progress, issues, and potential causes of delay;
• Convene internal team meetings with Laterite and relevant stakeholders to review and coordinate the implementation of ME&L activities;
• Provide administrative support, as needed, to the management team – including financial, budgetary, HR and related tasks;
• Synthesize information from existing evidence, secondary data and government policies;
• Provide technical support to strengthen client’s internal M&E systems and capabilities;
• Contribute to all steps of monitoring and evaluation activities, from research design to final analysis and write-ups of quantitative and qualitative research;
• Document tools, processes and best practices to facilitate the accumulation and dissemination of ME&L knowledge; and,
• Draft reports and project deliverables to communicate findings. Contribute to writing policy briefs, reports, blog posts, and academic articles
: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience
: 2 years
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Want to see how you rank against other applicants?
Get detailed analysis on Fuzu Instant Feedback
Sign up to learn more