Company Description Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science and manufacturing company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs over30,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2018were $7.2billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
Scope and general purpose of the role:
Engage daily with existing customer base, distributors, end users and converters. Promote sales and distribution with a network of contacts. Increase product portfolio and investment by converters. Increase market share by delivering high levels of service to the network.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
Engagement and targets:
- Conduct a needs analysis to ensure that all sales targets are met.
- Conceptualise new and innovative strategies to achieve sales targets
- Generate and Follow up on new sales leads and build detailed project pipeline with prospective values .
- Conduct surveys and Market research to study and analyse changing needs of customers and growth opportunities.
- Increase footprint and market share for the brand in specified area of responsibility
- Actively engage with converters to identify new opportunities
- Actively increase opportunity pipeline for quarterly and annual sales and maintain a close rate equal to peers.
- Provide input to S&OP meetings (discuss accuracy of the forecasts, slow moving and obsolete stock and identify crisis areas)
- Creates and manages a customer value plan for existing customers highlighting profile, share and value opportunities.
- Plans and organizes personal sales strategy by maximizing the Return on Time Investment for the territory/segment.
- Doing cold calls with potential customers.
- Prepare and submit daily,weekly and Monthly sales reports .
- Supplies management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services
- Keeps abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical service areas.
- Extracts value from customer through the use of company tools and training provided
- Provide product and brand training with converter network
- Provide technical advice and solutions to customers when required
- Record customer interaction on salesforce.com
- Take informed decisions regarding terms and conditions of pricing, rebates, COD pricing and discounts
- Log customer complaints within 24hrs of complaint being received
- Conduct product trials at customers when required, and help technical department
- Update customer price lists, and ensure prices are updated within Avery Dennison’s operating systems
- Follow complaint till conclusion, and advise the customer of results.
- Assess materials when there are customer complaints
- Ensure that all customer demands are timeously met
- Liaise with customers regarding their account status
- Follow up on outstanding payments and assist with debtors collections is in line with corporate policies.
- Minimum 6 years proven knowledge and experience in the field of sales and customer service .
- Knowledge of the export process and documentation will be an advantage.
- Demonstrate a high level of ethics and integrity.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of print applications including active problem solving of technical issues raised by customers
- The successful candidate should be in possession of a valid passport and driver’s licence with their own reliable vehicle.
- Willing to travel and relocate if required.
- Kenya Secondary Certificate.
- Relevant qualification would be an advantage
- Technical knowledge products and application
- commitments credibility.
- Insightful Judgement
- Promote Collaboration
- Drive for Results
- Strategic planning and project engagement
- Communication skills- verbal and written
- Listening skills
- Business Acumen
- Advanced Computer Skills- Microsoft office suite
- Sales Skills
- Analytical problem solving skills
- Time Management skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work beyond normal working hours.
- Attention to detail
- Organisational skills
- Customer liaison skills
Please note that if you have not heard from the HR Department within 30 days of this advert closing, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful.
All internal applications should be acknowledged by your manager, accompanied by a copy of your Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of your qualifications must be sent to:
Tel: +27(0)11 249 5700
AVERY DENNISON IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY PROVIDER