The United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON) is the United Nations headquarters in Africa and the representative office of the Secretary-General. We support programme implementation of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and the United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-HABITAT) globally, as well as other United Nations offices in Kenya, by providing administrative, conference and information services (www.unon.org). The advertised post is located in the United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON), Human Resources and Management Service (HRMS), in the Operations Support Desk team. Under the general supervision of the Chief, Staff Pay and Benefits (SPnB), the incumbent will perform the following duties:
Completion of High school diploma or equivalent is required. Certification in HR and Umoja training is required. Passing the Global General Service Test (GGST) or the United Nations Administrative Support Assessment Test (ASAT) is a prerequisite for recruitment consideration in the General Services and related categories in the United Nations Secretariat. Applicants who have not passed the GGST at the time of application may be invited for the test after submitting an application.
A minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience in human resources management, administrative services or related area is required.
Experience in a busy HR environment in an international organization is required.
Experience in Enterprise Resource Planning/Systems Applications and Products (ERP/SAP) is required.
Experience in interpreting and applying staff regulations and rules and processing HR entitlements and allowance in the United Nations or a similar international organization are highly desirable.
Experience with Business Intelligence reporting is desirable.
(1)Provides Umoja technical support:• Reviews and processes requests from Staff Pay and Benefits Secion (SPNB) and clients and provides guidance and technical support pertaining to conditions of service and Umoja related technical issues.
• Reviews and processes requests for entitlements and exceptions to the Staff Rules and Regulations concerning travel entitlements, currency of payment of emoluments and rental subsidy.
• Monitors issues on conditions of service of staff and advises the SPNB HR Partners of any developments.
(2) Operational Support Desk (OSD) services:
• Troubleshoots Umoja and IMIS complex cases and takes corrective action -Identifies Umoja related training needs of SPnB HR Partners, develops training materials and delivers the related trainings;
• Undertakes HR complex related projects i.e. dependency review exercises, continuing appointments and random checks on other entitlements, as and when required
• Regularly undertakes monitoring role in Umoja i.e. personnel actions processed, rental subsidy monitoring
• Tests HR related Umoja solutions in conjuction with the OHRM Umoja Team before a solution is rolled out in production
• Reviews and processes retroactive actions, and liaise with Payroll colleagues on any payments/deductions, as required
• Time management and monitoring for UNON, UNEP, UN-Habitat and IFAD i.e. reviews and records retro-actively absences, reviews and takes corrective actions of absence quotas;
• Reviews all HR related job aids and release notes and provides support to SPNB HR Partners on new instructions and changes in the system
• Liaises between OHRM and SPnB on Umoja technical issues, complex cases and policy clarification. General ·Undertakes research on a range of HR related issues and prepares notes/reports.
• Conducts research on precedents, policy rulings and procedures and advises SPNB HR Partners and staff members accordingly.
• Generates and analyzes statistical reports on HR related issues.
• Assists in the preparation of information circulars for HR related issues.
• Provides general office support services; processes, drafts, edits, proofreads and finalizes for signature/approval, a variety of correspondence and other communications;
• Prepares written response to queries concerning HR related matters. ·Trains and provides support to new and lower-level staff in the service. ·
• Assists in the completion of the pre-recruitment formalities.
(3)Performs other duties as required.
: Diploma, Associate's degree
Required relevant work experience
: 10 years
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Want to see how you rank against other applicants?
Get detailed analysis on Fuzu Instant Feedback
Sign up to learn more
We are looking to employ an HRA with outstanding administrative and communication skills. The Role holder stationed inRumuruti, Laikipia County. As the HRA, you...
From Rama Homes Limited - Nairobi Area
Published 22 days ago
Job Summary Applications are invited from qualified persons for the above vacant position. Minimum Qualification:Bachelor Experience Level:Mid level...
From Anonymous Employer - Nairobi Area
Published 21 days ago
This position is located in the Mission Support Centre (MSC), Operations and Resources Management (ORM) Pillar in UNSOS, and will be based in Nairobi, Kenya...
From United Nations - Nairobi Area
Published a month ago
The United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON) is the United Nations headquarters in Africa and the representative office of the Secretary-General. We support...
From United Nations - Nairobi Area
Published 24 days ago