Reporting to the Head of Retail Banking and Bancassurance, the role-holder will develop business opportunities in the segment through Balanced growth of Deposit, Loans and Bancassurance. The Role will also ensure quality growth of the Loan book.
• A degree in a business-related field i.e. Bachelor of Commerce, Business Studies, Economics or Banking/Finance.
• AKIB or Marketing Course
• Formal training in lending/relationship management
• At least 5 years managerial experience with proven track record for delivery of superior results
• Experience in lending /credit management
• A detailed knowledge of bank's products relating to the Micro- market segment.
• A good knowledge of other Bank products and services to facilitate cross-selling.
• A good understanding of the current trends both in the banking industry and the corporate world of business.
• A detailed knowledge of the Bank's liability products and of the Bank's policies is essential.
• A detailed understanding of the relationship management concept.
• Credit skills
• Financial analytical skills
• Leadership Skills
• Negotiation skills
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Report writing and presentation skills
• Business opportunity identification skills
i. Business Growth
· Growth of Deposits both Cheap and Term deposit in line with the Bank Strategy
· Growth of the Loan book through quality disbursements.
· Growth of all Bancassurance products
· Quality management through timely payments and enhanced Schemes Relationship.
· Sales Team productivity Management through regular performance Management.
Working closely with The Head of the Department to offer leadership to Retail Banking team to ensure achievement of both departmental and corporate objectives.
· Manage achievement of sales, retention of client base and profitability of portfolio.
· Optimize business growth through aggressive sales efforts resulting in quality growth of client’s relationship, develop new business and grow accounts.
· Offer competitive products and services that meet the needs of target market
· Modelling cross-selling initiatives to increase customer Share of wallet .
· Based on market intelligence, s/he to advise the segment head on the product improvements necessary for a better appeal.
· Increasing penetration of corporates with our products
· Reintroducing our full product offering to enable us increase customer wallet share through cross-selling
· Improve efficiency in handling Retail customer applications based on informed customer feedback
· Brand appeal in and outside our Retail relationships through word of mouth advocacy.
· Communicating and reinforcing the AML-CTF compliance culture established by the board
· Implementing and enforcing the board-approved AML, KYC & CFT policy within the Department, Unit or Branch
ii. Customer Service
· Customer delight in all services given to customers in our space
· Work towards enhanced turnaround of all offerings to ensure a pleasant customer experience.
· Need based cross-selling of all the Bank products and services including Bancassurance.
iii. Monitoring and Control of Bank’s portfolio
· Ensuring compliance with Bank’s credit policy and Government regulations
· Regularly monitor all non-performing accounts per Employer
· Liaise with the respective scheme leadership to ensure facilitated booking, verification and tracking of clients who have left employment in various schemes.
· Maintain and evaluate quality of Loans to ensure compliance with lending guidelines.
· Preparation of special business reports on credit disbursements, loan arrears and recovery.
iv. Staff functions
· Adopting a proactive and energetic work style to enhance customer/ interdepartmental /branch delight.
· Offer regular update to the Branch Teams growth of the Portfolio and quality control.
· Upholding the required professional and technical knowledge by attending and contributing to the appropriate Training programmes
: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience
: 5 years
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Want to see how you rank against other applicants?
Get detailed analysis on Fuzu Instant Feedback
Sign up to learn more