This is a full time position within ARDU which strategically utilizes RSC deployments to UNHCR offices with the goal of case review and management of cases in the pipeline for the US Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) in Africa. The primary function of the Senior Resettlement Officer is to support the goals of ARDU through temporary deployments to UNHCR offices throughout sub-Saharan Africa. Tasks to be completed while on deployment will be determined in the Terms of Reference (TOR) for each deployment and will include activities that support refugee resettlement, including interviewing and writing resettlement referrals to the USRAP.
1. Travels on deployments to UNHCR and other referring agencies’ offices on short notice, including to refugee camps.
2. Conducts resettlement interviews with identified cases in line with UNHCR and/ or referring agency’s Resettlement Guidelines and country-specific Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Makes assessments and contributes towards identifying resettlement cases, including case verification, and completing the UNHCR Resettlement Registration Form (RRF) or the referring agency’s resettlement form for the identified cases in line with ARDU SOPs and guidelines.
3. Completes RRF Review at UNHCR offices/ hubs.
4. Processes cases which have been deferred by RSC Africa based on case changes or concerns.
5. Supports/ trains Resettlement Officers and staff in acting ARDU positions on Deferrals, RRF writing, Level 3 registration and profiling when/ as required.
6. Available whilst on deployment to answer any specific technical questions raised by UNHCR or RSC Africa colleagues regarding USRAP processing.
7. Responsible for ensuring that ARDU staff resources such as Country of Origin Information, current practices and approaches in RRF writing/ review and Deferral processing are updated.
8. Participates in briefing deployees about the current refugee processing practices in the region they will be working in prior to start of their deployment.
9. In the field, undertakes additional work related duties as agreed upon by ARDU Management in consultation with both the UNHCR Supervisor and ARDU deployee.
10. Actively participates as a member of the UNHCR team and complies with UNHCR’s security requirements.
11. Undertakes additional assigned duties while in the field or at the RSC Africa office in Nairobi to support ARDU and RSC Africa, including administrative tasks.
12. Submits regular reports to ARDU Management in line with deployment goals and objectives and communicates challenges related to casework, logistics and relationship with partners to ARDU Management in a timely manner.
: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience
: 5 years
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Want to see how you rank against other applicants?
Get detailed analysis on Fuzu Instant Feedback
Sign up to learn more