An international company that offers a one stop service and diversified product shop for the entire steel and plastic industry in East and Central Africa. They are currently seeking to recruit a Shift Engineer - Electrical to join their team.
He /she should hold a Bsc degree in Electrical Engineering/ Electronic Engineering,
With at least two years’ experience of which should be in a busy environment preferably industrial setting, flexible, good interpersonal and communication skills and good analytical skills.
· Initiate, supervise, monitor and provide technical guidance on repairs and maintenance of factory machinery and equipment in accordance with professional regulations and standards.
· Develop technical specifications and terms of reference for the procurement of spares and/ or services for the repair of equipment
· Support timely installation, commissioning of new machines and electro technical systems in line with LOTO and maintenance of high voltage( HV)(LV) switch gears and automatic systems in the Engineering room/ main substation
· Prepare sectional monthly schedule for the man power
· Plan, supervise and prepare regular reports on preventive maintenance as per the schedule to the maintenance manager
· Supervise contractors on various electrical assignments, by providing technical assistance
· Keep update about new development in field of electrical and electronics
· Directly responsible for installation and commissioning of transformers and substations
· To ensure right equipment and methods are used for monitoring
· Ensure staff training and staff development is carried out in accordance with the training calendar.
· Shall ensure QMS conformance, promoting customer focus, and reporting on QMS performance to the electrical manager.
· Responsible in handling both Internal and external communications related to the department.
· Ensures that there is focus, direction and control of QMS audits with proper planning of internal audit & management and addressing of non-conformities and corrective actions.
· Participate in preparation of standard operating procedures (SOPs), Work Instruction (WI) and review it on time whenever required.
· Ensure that all identified aspects related to your area of work that have a negative impact on the environment in the context of RRM’s EMS policy are properly managed and controlled.
· Ensure efficient use of all resource inputs to your operations and document the efficiency ratios.
· Taking accountability for the effectiveness of the IMS Management System.
· Ensuring that the Quality policy and Quality objectives are established and are compatible with the strategic direction and the framework of the organization.
· Guide and support the team to contribute to the effectiveness of the IMS;
· Ensure mandatory PPEs are properly and effectively used by all your Team members while at the work place.
· Ensure that all your Team members adhere to safety policies and work instructions.
· Report and participate in the investigation of incidents and accidents that occur at the work place.
· Identify any hazards that are likely to occur in the course of work and ensure control measures are taken in context of RRM’s OHS system.
· Assess the risk of identified hazards in the context of the organization’s OHS management system.
· Assess the effectiveness of methodologies to control OHS hazards.
· Ensure that all reported job safety observations by the Team members are followed up and closed out.
· Any other job as may be assigned from time to time
: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience
: 2 years
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Want to see how you rank against other applicants?
Get detailed analysis on Fuzu Instant Feedback
Sign up to learn more
Must successfully complete Ericsson’s tower training program at required level Must be able to work outside of normal business hours (i.e., shift work), to...
From Nft Consult - Nairobi Area
Published a month ago
Creative Brief / Terms of Reference Video Production of the Danida-Funded Safety Nets Initiative Project Background Oxfam is a development, humanitarian and...
Published 25 days ago
You will originate research, prepare, produce and present programs, items, packages, interviews, discussions, background, analysis and features, for radio, TV...
From Bbc - Nairobi Area
Published 17 days ago
Job Summary We invite applicants who are performance driven, with excellent transferable skills and demonstrable track records of achievement in past roles...
From Bollore Africa Logistics Kenya Limited - Nairobi Area
Published a month ago