Is directly responsible for supervising Chefs des Parties.
Is indirectly responsible for supervising Commis de Cuisine and trainees
The incumbent in the position is responsible for ensuring that the Food Production team provides a consistent quality of food & beverage in the area/shift under his/her control, in order to ensure the highest standards in accordance with the operating procedures and Nairobi Street Kitchen Standards.
Education And Experience
Diploma from Culinary School.
3 to 5 years of management experience in a hotel kitchen and food production areas
• Implements develop, monitor basic kitchen duties for guidelines of Chef de Partie and subordinate associates’ adherence and further development in all operational facets relating to supreme standards of disciplined yet creative menu preparations and planning - in strict accordance with outlined recipe standards and quantities thereof.• Co-ordinates kitchen staff operation and organize communication of all outlets in order to provide effective production of high-quality products according to business trends.
• Assists in preparing and implementing menus and special (local) dishes for all outlets, to provide permanent control of food technology, maintaining standards of food purchasing, preparation, quality, hygiene, sanitation, and decoration.
• Assists in implementing Departmental Training plan subject initiatives and materials for all subordinates with a view to conducting safety and preventative measures for accidents required knowledge training and skills base.
• Carry’s out control of product quality, food preparation, raw food product handling norms. Joint responsibility for quality of food produced by the kitchen, for correspondence with adopted standards, technological and calculations cards.
• Carry’s out on a regular basis food checks for spoilage and wastage and
their correspondence with adopted recipes and decoration patterns.
• Assist in the planning of menus and designing standard recipes to ensure consistent quality in food production, thereby satisfying guest needs and expectations.
• Helps the Executive Chef with organizing and conducting training for cooking methods and support the Training Manager.
• Performs any task as per management instruction and/or operational requirements
: Diploma, Associate's degree
Required relevant work experience
: 3 years
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:
Self-prepared CV file
- the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself
Want to see how you rank against other applicants?
Get detailed analysis on Fuzu Instant Feedback
Sign up to learn more