As a key player in the HR Specialists Team, the Talent Development Advisor is responsible for shaping and implementing Medair’s Talent Development & Management strategy, to develop and retain talented employees. Responsibilities include (but are not limited to): designing skills matrix, contributing to embedding a robust performance development and management practice and culture, building talent pipelines and succession plans, crafting an internal promotion process and a people review process.
The Talent Development Advisor leads the design and deployment of new processes, policies and tools that align with our hiring needs and organisation’s objectives, in collaboration with HR Partners, HR country representatives and other HR functions.
Medair GSO provides operational guidance for country programmes, along with both technical and compassionate support for our relief workers. Within our headquarters and affiliate offices, we are also responsible for promoting the work of Medair to the world, to raise and manage the funds needed to run our life-saving and sustaining programmes, and to recruit international and GSO staff.
Medair’s global HR function supports the organisation in the implementation of world class humanitarian aid projects by ensuring that the organisation has adequate systems and structures to efficiently recruit and retain the right people. The HR function is also working on impacting Medair’s culture by creating and sustaining a work environment where our values are fully alive and staff is being cared for through a “people to people” model.
Field based in Nairobi, Kenya.Permanent residency in Nairobi required.
Starting Date / Initial Contract Details
As soon as possible. Full time, open-ended contract.
Key Activity Areas
Talent Management Strategy
- Shape and implement Medair’s Development management strategy, together with the Recruitment Team Leader, L&D Advisor, HR Partners and HR Country Representatives.
- Define new processes, create tools, train and coach HR, leaders and staff based on operations needs.
Talent Management Review
- Define the Talent Development review process (Performance, Development and Talent review).
- Set, lead and communicate on the yearly Talent Development cycle’s agenda.
- Create adequate tools for leaders and employees to perform reviews and update regularly.
- Provide supporting materials to coach and train leaders and employees on Talent Development cycle.
- Collaborate with the Learning & Development Advisor to strengthen leaders’ competency to assess staff performance and support staff development.
- Set up an internal promotion policy and make sure Talent Development is being deployed.
- Create a standard skill matrix to assess staff competencies.
- Support adaptation of skill matrix to functions and leadership levels.
- Coach and train HR Partners and HR Country representatives on implementation of the skill matrix.
- Collaborate with Learning & Development Advisor to identify key skills trainings.
- Define the criteria and the process for identifying internal talent.
- Coach HR Partners, HR Country representatives and leaders to identify and assess internal talent.
- Collaborate with HR Partners and HR Country representatives to build talent pipelines per function and country. Lead regular talent reviews. Support the Recruitment team in promoting internal talent.
- Set up the process for identifying key positions per function and per country.
- Collaborate with HR Partners and HR Country representatives to build a succession plan.
- Review succession plans and internal talent to fit the needs of the organisation.
- Support the Recruitment team in promoting internal talent through succession plans.
- Collaborate with Learning & Development Advisor, HR Partners and HR Country representatives to identify career paths. Create and develop the tools to build career paths.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Monitor the Talent Development process through HRIS and take actions to meet the objectives.
- Provide regular metrics and analysis on statistics related to the Talent Development cycle.
Innovation / Changes
- Design and continually improve on key processes, policies, procedures and information systems, through problem solving and new initiatives, in collaboration with the HRD and stakeholders.
- Lead and collaborate on assigned HR projects, track progress and deliver outputs on schedule.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- Bachelor degree in HR, or equivalent education, MSc in HR is desirable.
- Strong working knowledge of English and French (spoken and written).
Experience / Competencies
- 3-5 years of experience in HR position with experience in performance management procedures, sourcing and recruitment process, learning and development program implementation.
- Talent Management or Learning and Development.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft office Environment, working experience with an HRIS is a plus.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong analytical, planning and problem solving skills. Project Management skills.
- Ability to provide coaching. Sensitive to intercultural teams. Leadership ability.
Reports to: Operations Manager Location: Head Office with occasional travels in the region Duration: Nine (9) months with a possibility of extension. Job...
From Ional Human Rights Institutions (Nanhri) - Nairobi Area
Published 12 days ago
SIBOWASCO/004/03/2020 Job description This position is responsible for the management of procurement services of goods, services and works for the Company as...
From Ion Company Limited (Sibowasco) - Nyanza
Published 12 days ago
Job description ICAPof Columbia University (registered in Kenya as Center for International Programs- Kenya) is working in partnership with the Ministry of...
From Icap Columbia University - Nairobi Area
Published 12 days ago
Job description AWF is seeking a dynamic and high performing intern to support the Grants Management Team (GMT) with Awards data entry into the Serenic...
From Ion - Nairobi Area
Published 12 days ago