Company Description Program:Global Opportunity Youth Network (GOYN) Company: The Global Development Incubator (GDI) is an organization that builds startups, incubates partnerships, and strengthens existing organizations for social impact around the world. We believe in breaking down silos, working across issues from agriculture to health to finance, and everywhere in between. We are different from typical consultants and play a mix of the strategist and implementer role to spin out new organizations and partnerships over 2-3 years. Our work with initiatives usually includes a combination of strategic, programmatic, and operational support, and we’re always thinking about an organization’s endgame. Please visit our website for more information: www.globaldevincubator.org
The Youth engagement Manager will play a critical role in the mobilization and inclusion of the youth voice in creating opportunities in Mombasa, Kenya. The Youth Engagement Manager will achieve this by ensuring youth inclusion in solutions co-design; mapping of youth hubs and existing interventions that could be leveraged for systemic change. The Youth Engagement Manager will work in close coordination with the GOYN Coordinator, the GOYN global team and local youth ecosystem stakeholders including government, civil society, private sector, academia, and young people. The Youth Engagement Manager will be responsible for ensuring the initiatives advance by keeping all parties organized, engaged, and moving forward.
· Bachelor’s degree or a minimum of three years equivalent experience in Education, Youth Affairs, Social Work, Human Services, Early Childhood Development, or a related field (preference for related experience in Kenya and/or Mombasa context);
· Three years of progressively responsible experience with demonstrated talent for forming and leading partnerships between diverse stakeholders working towards a common goal;
· Comfortable with public speaking and public presentations;
· Ability to travel regularly to local communities for meetings, trainings, and workshops;
· Understanding of community mobilization, project management, strategic planning, data gathering and analysis, communications, and/or organizational/systems dynamics.
· Document and presentation development; proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and other valuable presentation platforms. The role involves creating a variety of engaging reports, presentations, proposals, and communication materials;
· Comfort utilizing databases and handling large volumes of data;
· Ability to examine and analyze data, research, and facts to uncover and understand cause-effect relationships, and use information as a basis for problem solving, decision making, and prioritization;
· Event, logistics, and project management involving coordination of diverse project needs and stakeholders.
· Ability to collaborate and contribute to a close knit, supportive team environment, and work with people and organizations of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and cultures;
· Efficient, high-capacity self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced work environment;
· Outstanding interpersonal skills. Ability to quickly establish trust and rapport with professional and community stakeholders; comfortable addressing politically sensitive and policy questions with tact and poise.
The recruitment team is soliciting expressions of interest immediately. Nominations or applications (with current resume, letter of interest, 3 references) should be sent confidentially, electronically, on or before July 4th,2020.
For More Information:
NGO Jobs in Kenya The International Institute of Rural Reconstruction or IIRR is a rural development organization which has over half a century of...
Published a month ago
A leading provider of medical services in East Africa is seeking to recruit aDirector of Nursing and Quality. The successful candidate will assess, evaluate and...
From Summit Recruitment & Search - Nairobi Area
Published a month ago
At Ericsson, you can be a game-changer! Because working here isn’t just a deal. It’s a big deal. This means that you get to leverage our 140+ years of...
From Ericsson - Nairobi Area
Published 25 days ago
The Kenya Financial Sector Deepening (FSD) programme, FSD Kenya, was established in early 2005 to support the development of inclusive financial markets in...
From Fsd Kenya - Nairobi Area
Published 25 days ago