• A Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer InformationSystems, Management Information Systems or other ICT related disciplines from a recognized
• Have working experience of at least three (3) years.
• Satisfy the requirements of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity
• Evaluate the effectiveness of existing internal processes and applications and proposesolutions and opportunities for automation and audit controls;
• Design, code, test, document and maintain programs including continuous updates of inhouse created programs. Write program documentation, help files, testing and training
materials for current and future programs;
• Be responsible for the planning and execution of post implementation reviews for all new
systems and maintain formalized regular contact with departments in order to establish that
operational systems are providing a satisfactory service;
• Support all departments within the county I their software applications, users, vendor
selections and vendor relationships;
• As requested, research new systems and system upgrade recommendations;
• Effectively communicate technical improvements, restrictions, or road blocks of new software
applications and upgrades to department personnel;
• Manage projects for new systems or upgrades to existing systems. Both in-house systems as
well as vendor chosen solutions;
• Provide technical support and develop training for internal users on variety of software;
• Provide support and counsel in the relationship between internal software users and their
• Ensure that all county e-governance systems are supported and maintained according to
industry standards for quality system provision, and that requests for amendments and
enhancements are properly authorized, change managed, and implemented in accordance
with installation, release and change control standards;
• Coordinate with software vendors and end users to create specifications for customization
requests and testing of software releases;
• Maintain web sites for the county government;
• Coordinate and work closely with the Deputy Director ICT on software installations and
• Maintain county databases and provide requested reports and queries from the data; liaise
with National Government on databases held at the National level;
• Work with other departments within the county on a variety of operational processes, and
support and conduct internal training programs as needed;
• Any other lawful duties as may be assigned from time to time.
: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience
: 3 years
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Want to see how you rank against other applicants?
Get detailed analysis on Fuzu Instant Feedback
Sign up to learn more
Job Summary Elara Limited invites applications from suitably qualified persons, on a Full Time Basis, for a Cyber Attendant Job in Kasarani, Nairobi. Minimum...
From Elara Limited - Nairobi Area
Published a month ago
Our client is one of the fastest growing technology hubs in East and Central Africa region offering software services and products.They are seeking to hire...
From R4Kenya - Nairobi Area
Published 17 days ago
Our Client, a market leader in the provision of integrated financial services seeks to recruit an Infrastructure, Cloud and Security lead. As Lead...
From Human Capital Synergies (Hcs) Africa Ltd - Nairobi Area
Published 23 days ago
The Associate System Programmer is a short-term consultant that will work closely with the other team members and is a resource for designing, developing, and...
From Palladium Group - Nairobi Area
Published 25 days ago