: Sinapis East Africa Regional Manager, with dotted line reporting to KCJF Project Lead
: Nairobi, Kenya
: 3-year renewable contract with 6-month probationary period
: Entry-Level, range 40,000 – 60,000 KES gross monthly based on experience
Our mission at Sinapis is to make disciples and alleviate poverty through the power of entrepreneurship. We seek to foster the development of entrepreneurs and the growth of Kingdom businesses. These enterprises are led by entrepreneurs who strive for excellence in their business and who are intentional in reflecting and sharing their values in the marketplace, through the business decisions they make and the relationships they cultivate with employees, suppliers, and customers.
After eight years, we have recently surpassed a key milestone of training over 1,000 entrepreneurs and are now entering an expansion stage. Our current core offerings are as below:
. The Aspire program is a 9-week business training program for people who want to start a business, and would like to know how to successfully bring their idea to life.
. Sinapis partners with local organizations to deliver the Sinapis Academy, an intensive 16-week business training program similar to a mini-MBA but customized for early and growth-stage ventures. This program is extremely practical, locally customized and specifically designed for entrepreneurs looking to grow their businesses.
Sinapis Business Plan Competition
. Upon completion of the Sinapis Academy training program, entrepreneurs are eligible to compete in the Sinapis Business Plan Competition, an annual competition in which the top 5-10 finalists compete for grant capital at a live pitch event.
Fast Track Fellow Accelerator Program
. The Sinapis Fast Track Fellows (FTF) program is a 6-month accelerator that serves up to 20 graduates of the Sinapis Academy per year who have businesses capable of significant growth. The program begins with a customized business assessment for each participant coupled with access to high quality consultants, professional advisors, advanced training, investor match-making and biblical integration.
We have recently been awarded the long-term grant manager position for DFID’s Kenya Catalytic Jobs Fund, Kenya’s largest fund for the support of job growth and creation through innovative, youth-led companies.
Sinapis requires an assistant who will handle all administrative matters for this project.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• Manage all logistics involved in running the Kenya Catalytic Jobs Fund, including:
o Plan and execute administrative details of annual Business Pitch Competitions that will have 200-500 guests in attendance (liaise with venue, vendors, and guests)
o Manage regular meetings of KCJF project team, both in person and on skype
o Communicate regularly with entrepreneurs, staff, and advisors to the KCJF project (set up meetings, communicate important information, etc.)
o Book travel for project support staff as needed
o Manage project expenses with support from Sinapis accountant
• Assist Sinapis in other responsibilities related to running Sinapis programs, including:
o Provide general support to office visitors
o Answer and direct phone calls
o Receive deliveries at the Sinapis Centre
o Make general bookings on behalf of the Sinapis team such as booking the Sinapis driver for errands and transportation, managing the boardroom booking calendar as well as booking of
flights and accommodation for official travel.
o Work with the Marketing and Program Coordinators to plan workshops, alumni and trainer events
o Assist the Marketing Coordinator during events we are exhibiting in by manning the Sinapis
stand While this list comprises the main day-to-day activities of the Special Projects Administrative Assistant, you may be required to complete other tasks not mentioned above but within the scope of program administration.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
• You are a follower of Christ who maintains a healthy relationship with Jesus as evidenced by (but not limited to) prayer, devotional reading of Scripture and spiritual discipline
• You are a people person, and have excellent communication skills with people of all types
• You are detail-oriented and can plan for and manage effective follow-up
• You are humble and have a teachable spirit
• You are energetic, hardworking and willing to go the extra mile to complete an assignment
• A heart for our organization’s mission and a calling for this work
• Highly organized and able to manage multiple work streams, with a knack for continuous improvement
• An outgoing people-person who enjoys interacting with people, both on phone and in person
• Natural selling ability; passionate and persuasive
• Ability to take initiative and solve problems
• Undergraduate degree, preferably with business course work
• Ability to work in a small team environment
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Extremely positive attitude, excellent interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
• Honest with high levels of integrity
• Minimum of 1 year relevant work experience
• Experience in the Start-up and SME ecosystem
• Previous experience handling administrative duties
• Previous experience working on governmental projects
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
Deep, fulfilling impact
– This is a mission that will impact thousands of lives economically, socially and spiritually. You will be part of a group that is daily making strides to take back the market-place to honor God and create value in Kenya
– As a small organization, we are free from bureaucracies and you will enjoy the flexibility to be creative and try out new ideas that make sense
– You’ll develop a robust network of inspiring entrepreneurs and entrepreneur support organizations across Kenya
Promising career growth
– Sinapis is a small but growing organization with opportunities for career growth over time
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN APPLYING
Please send us a well-formatted and written cover letter along with your resume in PDF.
Please note that submissions without a cover letter will not be considered.
The subject line of the email should read, “Special Projects Admin Assistant – Last Name, First Name”
Sinapis is looking for a passionate Administrative Assistant who will support Sinapis special projects, including a 3-year project, the Kenya Catalytic Jobs Fund (KCJF), funded by DFID (the UK’s Department for International Development)
Schedule: Full time